Thursday, June 4, 2009

Planes, Trains, and Autobuses...

Unfortunately, I don't really have any pictures from the events over the last week. I'll try to do better in the future. It's been a great, but hectic, last week. We left last Thursday for a 4 day stay in Vienna. A good friend and mentor of ours came to do a church-planting seminar for us, and for some other missionaries from Austria, Croatia, and Slovenia. We had a nice time and were encouraged by being with our friends from other countries around us. The days were filled mostly by the seminar and some discussion time, so we didn't do any site-seeing on this trip. We have all been to Vienna before, so this time it was more about being with our friends there and enjoying fellowship time together. I handled the traveling and time there pretty well. I wasn't too sick, for the most part, except for riding the local buses and underground metro.

We returned from Vienna on Sunday night and then enjoyed a day of rest, and catching up on work, on Monday. On Wednesday morning Josh and I left for Prague (picture above is a view of Prague Castle from the famous Charles Bridge) to pick up our summer intern, Melinda, at the airport. Unfortunately for her, she had some delays and setbacks, so we hung out at the airport most of the day waiting on her to arrive. She did, safely thankfully, and we quickly set out for Olomouc and arrived back later that evening. We're looking forward to having her here with us this summer to help us in our work here- especially getting ready for and hosting our first 2 English Christian camps in July. We helped her settle in today to her room at a local dormitory. She'll be living there for the summer and will have a Czech roommate for the next month. I think that will be a really enjoyable experience for her and will help her in learning more about the culture and the people here- thankfully her roommate is a student of English and can communicate well with her.

So, it's been a great and busy last week. As for the pregnancy, it is continuing to go well. I'll post another belly picture soon:) I've grown a little since the last photo, but not much. The nausea and sickness is continuing to be better, but not gone completely yet. I continue to feel exhausted, but hope that might ease up soon, as well. Still not really having any cravings...still not always enjoying eating very much, but have definitely noticed an increase in hunger over the last week. I'm looking forward to our next appointment, in about 2 weeks, and to seeing the baby again. I'm also looking forward to feeling it move, whenever that happens. It's still so strange to me to imagine it inside and to know it's moving around, yet not be able to feel it moving:) That's probably why I'm so anxious to see it again. We still aren't sure whether we'll find out the sex of the baby.

Thank you to all of you for your encouraging comments and prayers. They mean so much to me. Thank you also for the many cards and gifts we have already received! We are truly blessed.

3 comments:

  1. I waited what seemed like FOREVER to feel Addison move. And then, once I did, she hasn't stopped. She's big enough now that I see my belly move everytime she does (which is pretty much all the time). It's a pretty incredible experience. I can't wait for you to be able to feel yours. I'm so happy for you guys! Love ya and miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,

    Congratulations!!!!
    I vividly remember touring a hospital in Bratislava about 17 years ago and thinking about what it would be like to have a child if we moved there.
    It is absolutely wonderful that you are expecting...I can only imagine how excited your mother is. May these middle months be just wonderful for you. BTW, we never found out the sex of any of our four boys. Imagine killing everyone with the suspense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be expecting to feel him/her in just a few weeks or maybe days. Let me warn you...the first time I felt Anna Kathryn I thought I had a sudden urge to use the restroom. After a few seconds I realize that the urge was not in my intestines but in my belly. People told me it feels like butterflies, but I beg to differ! I am so excited for you! I hope the sickness goes far far away soon!

    ReplyDelete