I don't have any pictures to go with this one, but I will post some more soon. I just wanted to give a quick update since it's been over a week since the last post. We just had an awesome weekend retreat with many other Christians from some surrounding countries. It's an annual retreat hosted in our country. This year we were at a beautiful camp site about 2 hours from Olomouc. It was cool and beautiful there. We even noticed many leaves changing along the drive there. I love fall, so I'm really looking forward to this season we are entering now. Here in Olomouc some of the trees have been changing for 2 weeks or more. Fall here seems to begin so early, but it takes it's time. It was beautiful well into October and even early November last year.
At the retreat we enjoyed a wonderful time of singing, listening to different speakers on the topic of being an example of Christ, catching up with old friends we see only 1-2 times a year, and playing games together. I am also thankful that we were able to take with us 2 very dear, non-believing friends from Olomouc. They wanted to join us to see what this type of retreat and time of fellowship really means. They actively participated and, I believe, truly enjoyed their time with us and with the many new people they met over the weekend. Please be praying with us that it was one more step they were taking towards God. We had a wonderful time together.
We also, this week, hosted our first teen event at our new facility- tonight actually. I won't say a lot now because I'm pretty tired from it:) However, it was truly a blessing and we were so excited to spend time with those who came. We began with our weekly Frisbee event in the park in the early afternoon (where we had about 15 students attend) and then we transitioned to an evening program in our facility. We began with some ice-breaker games, then some time reviewing our camps and watching a video we made from our camps, then we talked about why we are here and what our hopes are for our facility, and then we had a time of sharing from the Bible and an encouragine message for everyone to help them start off the school year and this time of transition for them. It went really well. We had about 13 people come and we were very thankful. We hope they will tell their friends and encourage others to join them next week. We then spent the last of our time together playing some board games, having snacks, and enjoying visiting with each other. Please pray with us that we will grow in number, in friendship, and in deepness with one another over the coming school year.
Please also be praying for me and Sarah Keen as we begin planning for another Moms-and-Kids class to begin in our new facility. We hope to begin it as soon as possible (in the next 2 weeks) so we can establish a routine with the mothers we know (and their friends who have shown interest) before the baby comes and we must take a break for a bit. We are excited that several of our friends have asked us in the last 2 weeks if we will begin again soon. That's wonderful!
Ok, just wanted to give a little update of what is going on here. Good night:)
No comments:
Post a Comment