
I don't think Sarah K. and I have ever managed to take a picture with any of our friends from our English class we teach for young Moms and their children. This week (though, sadly, Sarah K. is away in the states right now) we finally managed to take one together. Our good friend Petra, who is due 2 weeks before me, wanted a picture of all of us before she's gone for a while having their little boy. Next week will be her last time with us for a while. She, and her daughter Klara, are on the far right. We also didn't have all of our Moms there this week, but that rarely happens anyway with the way schedules can change in an instance with small children. I'll be finding that out soon, myself. We had a good time together, though. Klara, who has been in our class the longest of all these kids, knows many of the songs and stories well by now so, it's always fun to see her doing the motions and trying to say the words. Her parents speak a lot of English with her, so she is learning the vocabulary very well. It's a wonderful group and Sarah and I are blessed to know around 10 different Moms and kids who come off and on to this group we've been offering since last winter/spring. We're always glad when they tell their friends and invite new Moms to join us. Many seem excited about the possibility of having a warm place to go this winter with their children. The days here can be so cold and dark, for so long, that it's nice to offer a place they can get away to and have the children play and learn, and they themselves can meet other Moms, be encouraged, and have some hot tea:) I pray it will keep growing and that Sarah and I can continue to share our faith and lives with them, even as we go through some major changes of our own over the next few months. These Moms are a great support system for us as well and are always trying to help us in any way we need. I just wanted to share some about our group with you. Please pray it will continue to grow, and that Sarah and I can be good friends and examples to them of Christian women and mothers.
No comments:
Post a Comment