Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lots of Good News!

We had a good visit to the doctor today. His check-up showed all normal signs and progressions. He held his head up like a champ, lifted up on his arms, looked around, and spotted me and Daddy when he heard our voices. The doctor was pleased. He's still not turning himself over regularly, but that's ok. When she heard that he's starting to wake up (not every night) around 2am again for a feeding she gave the go-ahead to try a little rice cereal one time in the evenings to see if that helps him sleep longer through the night. I'm going to wait a little longer to see how he does over the next week. I do look forward to trying the cereal with him sometime in the near future and I have a feeling he'll like it.

He got 2 immunizations today- one in each leg. He really did well again. He cried with each shot for just a few seconds and then a little hand sucking did the trick and he was smiling and content once again. We were so proud:) He's already had one nap and is now playing well on his tummy with no signs of pain or fever. Thank God for that!

He weighs...drum roll... 17 lbs 4 oz. Is anyone really surprised anymore? I'm not:) I don't know his length right now, but I'll measure it again soon.

One more note of good news(written by Josh when it was shared with our teammates this week):

"Late last week Sarah and I took Jakub for his regular hip check at the doctor. While there, we went over to a bench to lay our things down and have a seat to wait. Beside us was a woman who, after just a few seconds, smiled at us and said hello. She was there with her son for the same check-up. Though having never spoken to her before, I remembered having seen her in the newborn ward of the hospital when we were there in November, and apparently she remembered us, as well. We only had a few minutes to chat, and we spoke about the typical "new child" stuff. Then we both went in for the appointment and were seen at different times by the doctor. We had hoped to speak with her again afterward, but by then she was gone. We were kicking ourselves for not having told her our names, nor gotten her name, nor shared some contact information beforehand so that we could write her and even invite her to the mothers' class our ladies host. So imagine our joy yesterday when- after Sarah emailed a woman who had found our website information early last week and phoned Mitch to ask about the mothers' class- the same woman responds to Sarah's email to identify herself as the woman we met at the doctor! And she's excited to get to meet us again and to come to the mothers' class! Out of our despair at having not really "met" the woman during the seemingly one chance we had, God let us know that, in a moment before we saw her, he had already touched her life and inspired her to call "us" days before we met!

Isn't that great news! It got us excited. I've already been writing with this woman and she is so sweet and has a boy 2 days younger than Jakub. I look forward to hopefully a growing relationship with her.

More to come this weekend for Jakub's 4 month "celebration." Thanks for your prayers about the shots!!

1 comment:

  1. It's pretty amazing what God can do, isn't it?! Give a big kiss to Jakub and hugs to each other for me! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete