One more new thing he's doing is pushing himself backwards and up onto his knees. He doesn't hold it for long, but he's definitely getting around the living room well with all of these new moves. I'm going to have to baby-proof soon!
Grandma recently sent us some new toys! Thank you Grandma!! :) We LOVE them. All of the new books are excellent, too. One of the best parts of my day is reading to Jakub before he sleeps. I hope he'll love reading on his own one day as much as I do.
He really likes to "crawl" (scoot backwards) under things and around things now. He likes to use the object nearest him to push himself around. Today he had fun under his high-chair, which is in the living room for now because we're painting the kitchen.
He's really pushing himself up and around now! A couple of days ago he was playing and I left to do some laundry and when I came back he had pushed himself all the way under the coffee table with just his little head poking out. He was stuck, but he thought it was funny:) I'll be glad when he can go forward as well as he can go backward right now!
He's also decided he loves to explore and peek around corners and doors. He always wants to see everything going on and where any noise might be coming from. Josh was working at the table and Jakub could hear him on the computer, so he was peeking around at him. I love watching him explore and discover new things. Whenever he's interested in something he gets a serious look on his face and raises an eyebrow. He'll have to teach me that eyebrow trick one day. :)
And, we've finally finished his room! Now we've just got to rearrange it and decorate it. These are the things we had so hoped to do before Jakub arrived in this world, but that's what he gets for making a sudden and unexpected entrance into our lives:) That, and we only moved 4 days before his birth... Oh well! He'll never remember all of this and now it's just what we wanted it to look like:) I'll put up more pics of it once we complete everything.
Love the colors of Jakub's room! What color are you going with for the kitchen? Or is that a surprise? I'm trying to think of what would look good with those lovely orange cabinets... :)
ReplyDeleteNice quilt.
ReplyDeleteThanks to you both! We really love the room, too! The kitchen, well, it's white for now. We're still deciding on a color...
ReplyDeleteDenise, thanks for the quilt! Did I ever tell you that? It's so beautiful and looks great in his room and with the colors we love. It was such a special gift to receive!