Saturday, January 29, 2011

14 Months, Sledding, and More!


Ok, so I couldn't come up with a good title for this post, but I wanted to share some videos, some pictures, and some of the new things Jakub is doing and saying right now.

We had the Keens over today for some shared family fun and it was awesome! We took the kids sledding behind our home (Jakub's first time!) and they had a blast. It was frigid outside, so we were out for only a 1/2 hour, but it was an enjoyable time. Jakub has no fear when it comes to things like this and so he loved it from the beginning. There was a lot of screaming and laughing going on amongst these boys. Their smiles were so big and so contagious. I LOVED seeing the Dads and their sons having fun together. I'll remember this day forever. I'll also remember the cold as I think it was about 17 degrees with a freezing fog all around us, but that didn't stop us! We always have a great time with the Keens and their kids. They have definitely been family for us here, as well as wonderful co-workers. I'm thankful for the passion they have for God, for life, and for family. They've been such an encouragement to me through the years.

I hope you enjoy the pictures, videos, and stories!







Here are some of the things Jakub is doing right now:

- Learning to brush his teeth and not loving it too much. We dance and sing a lot to help him out!

- Feeding himself very well with a spoon, though he still equally loves to use his hands and make a mess. :)

- New words: "oh..dude!" thanks to Daddy. :) Also saying: Bible, Hi while waving, Nanana (banana), Grrr for bear, Brrr for cold, and Humm humm for I'm hungry or yummy food. :) He does a lot of pointing and talks all day with gibberish, but still doesn't say a lot of different words.

- He's started trying to sing or hum along with me. It sounds like "woo, woo, wooo." It's sweet though, and definitely some kind of "singing" along.

- He's started trying to jump- on the ground, on the couch, on the bed, and very successfully on the trampoline at the play-center I took him to on Friday afternoon. He did a great job bouncing and balancing without falling! I was so proud. :)

- He's dramatic. He makes big, extravagant faces and noises to get his point across. He also loves to scream and hear his own voice. He likes to watch himself make faces and then he gets shy about it. I think he'll be a big talker when he finally figures it all out.

- He loves to take everything out of a drawer or cabinet and then put it all back or rearrange it into other drawers. He's good at helping me clean-up right now when I ask him to put his toys away. I'm sure that won't last. :)


He loves to bring you his toys so you can play with him. With that sweet face coming at you how could you resist?



Yummy spaghetti!



Dramatic face.



Rearranging- it's tough work!



He still crosses his feet when eating, just like he did from the beginning while breastfeeding. It's still funny to me. He also does it when he kicks back to read a book with me at bedtime.




Another dramatic face. He likes his scream. I hope the neighbors find it as charming as he does.


Now, on to the videos. Enjoy!



This first one is old, but so cute. :) I love watching the two of them play together! I think this one is from early December. My favorite part is when he lays over on the side of the bed to watch Josh, before I distracted him. :)

The following are from our time of sledding today. (Please excuse all of the giddy giggling :)









2 comments:

  1. Oh, Sarah! Your giggling cracks me up! I LOVE it! :) Looks like you all had a really great time today. I noticed this afternoon when I looked at my phone that it was pretty darn cold there. I've got a weather application on my phone that tells me the temperature here in Abilene, in West Fork, and in Olomouc. It was nearly a 60 degree difference between here and there when I looked. Crazy! Thanks for the pictures and the video of Jakub and Joshua playing. So wonderful! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the new blog!!! Love it!!!

    Those teeth!!! That's the most I've seen of them.

    And to think you were out playing in the snow while I was weeding the flower beds in short sleeves in preparation for spring! MOM

    ReplyDelete