Well, God did it. God answered our prayers regarding our dream to work here in Olomouc together for at least 5 years. He has blessed us in many ways while we have lived and worked here trying so hard to grow his Kingdom in this difficult and beautiful place. We are thankful! We celebrated on Saturday by getting together in our home one last time (with the Keens present at least) for pizza, telling stories, viewing old pictures and videos, discussing our greatest and hardest moments together over the years, and sharing with the Keens how much they mean to us. I can't believe they leave in 2 weeks! It won't be the same without them, but we're determined to keep planting the seed here for as long as God sees fit for each of us.
Apparently, not everyone got the memo for a "crazy shot." :)
Our 3 boys... I can't begin to describe how it saddens me to see them go. I know Jakub won't fully understand it, and is just young enough to not hurt like I will, but I know the moments are coming when he'll ask for them or wonder why they aren't at Bible class on Sundays. It hurts already knowing it's coming and I just hope we'll get through it with strength from God and a positive view towards being excited to discover what God has in store for these boys next in their lives.We're hosting a party for the Keens on Sunday after worship with all of the people invited who they've become close to over the years here. It's sure to be a bitter-sweet celebration. I'll have more pictures and stories to share after that.
Please keep our team and God's work here in your prayers as we transition to life without the Keens here and what that means for our work. Thank you!
Wow! I can't believe y'all have been gone for 5 years. My prayers are with you...but if y'all ever think about moving back to the states, we'd love to have you guys back in Grapevine :)
ReplyDeleteI know parting is sad, but we never know what God has in store for us on the next leg of our journey in His service. Pa
ReplyDelete