Sofia's becoming more brave in her world of foods now. I'm starting to add some spices and allow for more texture instead of blending everything. She's not always a fan of it, like Jakub was, but she's tolerating me pretty well and usually ends up eating everything I've made. She's more expressive in her dislike, though, and it's quite funny to watch. In my humble opinion, I made a nice casserole for her the other night with some fresh vegetables and Italian spices. She did not agree. At all. She gagged a little at first, but she still managed to eat most of it in the end. She's also not a fan of avocado, yet, but most everything else she likes. Here are some of the foods she's eating now (I'm still making about 90% homemade and using a jar if we have to travel out for a few hours without heating/cooling/cooking options).
Her favorites:
Apples, pears, plums, bananas, peaches, cinnamon, rice cereal plain, carrots, potatoes, broccoli, yellow curry spice, and sweet potatoes. And cold water in a sippy cup.
She tolerates:
Chicken, squash, zucchini, avocado, green beans, apricots, onions, and Italians spices.
And she can self-feed with puffs and small bits of green beans. She's getting really good at the grasping and aiming. She loves the puffs and I think also loves to chew on something with her sore gums. She looks like she'll get teeth in a few spots any day now... but we've been saying that for a while.
Here's a short video of her first puffs:
Eating puffs...
No comments:
Post a Comment