Friday, October 3, 2014

Let's Celebrate!

We're so cheesy-happy in this picture, which we took yesterday, because Sofia had just successfully used her kid toilet for the first time. :)  She has been showing interest in this for a couple, or maybe even few, weeks now, but I had not taken the time to help her except to let her sit on it with her diaper on any time she asked.  However, yesterday, I realized we had nothing to really do that morning except be at home together and it was time to give it a try and give her this attention she's been wanting.  So after 30 minutes or so of running around playing and talking about what to do, she then suddenly got wide-eyed, ran over to it and sat down, and within a few seconds was using it.  She had the biggest grin on her face afterward.  It was so sweet!  I took a ton of pictures with our still camera, and this one with the kindle.  It was a good start to this process and even though it's round two for us as parents, it's still just as enjoyable watching her go through her milestones and achievements as it was the first time with Jakub.  And it's also a joy to see how proud Jakub is of her when he founds out good news like this.  He hugged her and congratulated her as well.  So much love!!

And today there's another reason to celebrate as it's my Mom's birthday. :)  I wish I was there to celebrate with her, but hopefully some day in the future we'll share many more birthdays in person.  Today in Olomouc it's exactly her favorite kind of day outside, which makes me really happy to experience on her birthday.  It's gorgeous outside with blue skies, crisp cool air, and trees half-way turned in fall colors.  Thank you God for a good day on my Mom's birthday.  I love you, Mom (Nana).  Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment