Monday, July 13, 2015

Pretty things...



This beautiful little girl has started finding many things "pretty."  She will notice if I change my shirt or if I have showered and fixed my hair and make-up, and then she'll say "Mommy, that's so pretty!" or "Wow... I like that.  It's pretty."  She has such a sweet and gentle voice when she says it, and sometimes she'll then close her eyes and make this really big, sweet, close-mouthed smile and point her face up and it's like she's soaking in the whole moment or the whole thing that she finds so "pretty."  I just love it and I just love her!

Today I took Jakub for a little spoiling while Sofia stayed home for her typical after-lunch nap time.  I took Jakub to the mall for lunch with friends, then play time for him at a children's indoor play center, and some shopping.  I found this sweet little dress for Sofia on sale (and a cool shark shirt for Jake) with multi-colored birds on it and I knew she would love it.  When we gave it to her at home she immediately wanted to wear it, and twirl in it, and she said it was so pretty.  I loved that Jakub was just as excited to give it to her and see her in it as she was to have it.  Such a fun moment and fun day of spoiling them both.  It's something we don't do too often, which makes these moments such a sweet treat!

On a side-note, I have to brag on Jakub a little bit (and I just want to write down the moment to remember) for being a very kind brother today.  His treat was to eat at KFC in the mall for lunch.  And when he found out he could have the kid's meal box for lunch, with a toy in it, he immediately said he wanted to pick a toy for Sofia to have.  He picked a tiger flashlight that was just perfect for her and was so excited to give it to her.  He already has a flashlight at home and he wanted her to have her own as well.  I was proud of him for thinking of her and giving it to her without taking it for himself or taking it back from her.  I was proud of him.

What a good day with lots of blessings and love!  And pretty things!


!

No comments:

Post a Comment