Jake and some of his classmates who are taking swimming lessons together on Mondays. He's almost in the very middle of the group and is the pale one in the blue cap. :)
Learning to put their heads in the water and blow bubbles...
This school year, Jakub's kindergarten year, we found out they were offering swimming lessons through the school's cooperation with a nearby aqua center. We were thankful for the opportunity to try this and of course Jakub was thrilled to sign up for lessons. Every Monday morning he arrives at school by 8 and has his swimming bag ready to go. They leave at 845 and walk about 20 minutes to the aqua center in our area of the city. They have lessons for about one hour and then walk back to school in time for a lesson or two, some playing outside if it's nice, and lunch. I'm sure he takes a good nap after lunch before I pick him up. He is enjoying the lessons and showing me each week what he has learned from the swim coach. His best, and funniest, remarks were after the first week's lessons when he said "mom, next time we go swimming together you just throw me in the pool. I know what to do." He has such confidence. :) We're really happy he's enjoying it so much and hopefully he'll continue. I look forward to swimming with him sometime soon so I can see what all he is learning. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment