Thursday, April 7, 2016

Spring is Here!


Spring is finally here and it couldn't be more gorgeous.  The last 2-3 weeks have been full of warm temperatures and sunshine.  So much sunshine!!  I really don't mind the long, grey winters here, but I always forget just how much the sunlight makes a difference in everyone's attitudes, energy, and joy through out the day.  People and families are outside constantly right now, especially after school and work let out in the afternoons.  It's lovely.  Pure beauty.

Here are a few of the things we've been enjoying as Spring has arrived:





We've been playing outside a lot.  And picking wild flowers. And having nature hunts to see what God has made/is making all around us.  And going on long walks and bike rides.




I've also been the lucky recipient of some beautiful flowers, both wild and store-grown, and yummy breakfasts, and more hugs and kisses than I could ever count.  And private concerts and dance parties. These days with these kids can be so. much. fun.

Here are a few more things going on with them:
- They both go to pre-school now and are doing very well there.
- Sofia has begun speaking Czech and plenty of it.  She's a talker.  It's not all correct in Czech, of course, but it's obviously Czech and mostly understandable.  I'm so proud of her.  She's not shy with it at all!
- Jakub has had another growth spurt, looks like a 10 year old instead of a 6 year old, and he has 2 loose teeth.  He's super excited about loosing the first one and can't wait for it. :)  He's not afraid of it at all and I'm so glad.
- Sofia is learning to ride her bike and doing a great job.  Her balance is pretty good so far.  I'm sure it will get better and better with Spring time and being able to be out more often.

- JAKUB CAN READ!!!!  I have to say this is one of my favorite things to have witnessed so far with raising the kids.  A whole new world is opening up to him and he's reading in both languages and working on it so well, and all on his own.  Here they wait until 1st grade to teach reading and really learning the alphabet, phonetics, and some basic grammar and writing skills.  So we haven't pushed it much at home, other than just reading books every day for enjoyment and also relaxation before bed.  So, a couple of months ago when Jakub just started doing it on his own and picking it up quickly I was so amazed by him.  And now he can read and it's awesome.  He's reading to me at night, and reading lots of things he can see around him, and starting to read his own Bible.  What a beautiful milestone to witness.

And to end, here's a picture of Jake from our Easter markets on the square.  Easter was a beautiful time here of celebration of Spring and, more importantly, Jesus and his resurrection.  More on Easter later. ;)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the new pictures!!! Enjoy that lovely weather and those wonderful children! They grow up so fast!!

    ReplyDelete