Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Celebrations!

Well, there are not any pictures to go with this post, but I will have some new ones for next time. I just wanted to give a quick update to all of you blog stalkers out there:) - we had a wonderful first Father's Day for Josh. We started the day with a nice breakfast made for him, which included blueberry muffins (not something we can make here very often). We had a wonderful time of worship with our teammates and two Czech friends who joined us. Then, we went to dinner at a favorite Italian restaurant (a treat for both of us really, since no one had to cook or do dishes:). Corey and Sarah joined us for a double-date while Christie and Melinda watched Evan for them in the park. It was nice to have "couple" time together with them. We then ended the day with phone calls to our families back home.

Another highlight from the past few days is that I have begun to feel the baby move! It's a strange feeling, but so wonderful at the same time! It doesn't feel like butterflies or some other things I've heard described before, but like I'm being gently pushed at and poked from the inside out. I know, I know, it won't be gentle for long:) I really do love the feeling and am thankful for this new experience! I look forward to the day when Josh can see and feel it, too.

And today- my sister, Hope, graduates from nursing school!! Yeah, Hope! I'm so proud of her and so excited for her. I have no doubt she will make a very good and compassionate nurse. I am looking forward to hearing many of her stories from work:) I remember those days and miss them now. I know all of my family is together right now at her graduation and I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing stories from her very special day.

3 comments:

  1. It was an enjoyable day to be with family on Hope's day. I was not able to go to the graduation since I am still recuperating, but did eat lunch with them. I am tracking you, and will thrill with you two and (1/2)at each stage. Much love, Pa XXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to be feeling the baby move!! For me that was absolutely the greatest thing about being pregnant. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited you are feeling the baby move!! It is a wonderful feeling!! Pretty soon you will be telling he or she to settle down so you can sleep...or at least that's what I'm telling mine right now...hehe :)

    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete