






Well, Jakub is over 2 weeks old now. The time really does go by so quickly now. He's doing so well and we are very thankful for this. He had his next check-up at the doctor today and everything went well. He now weighs around 10 lbs 4 oz. He's definitely not starving or anything:) It's funny how much I've fretted over whether he's getting enough milk when he eats, because you can't see what all he is getting when he breastfeeds. I don't think I'll worry as much now! He's still a very content baby who mostly sleeps and eats. He has some fun times where he's alert and awake for a bit and it's wonderful to see and to talk with him:) He already focuses on our faces and he seems to watch everything around him and take it all in. He loves to hear Josh singing to him and this has been very helpful at night when getting ready for bed and during some diaper changes. He sleeps well in his own bed at night, or anywhere really. There's definitely been lots of snuggling with me, Josh, our Moms, and Josh's sister Laura:) Though it doesn't really look like it in the pictures above, he doesn't mind his bath time, which is good. He really doesn't get bothered by much until he's hungry:) He can go from calm to majorly upset very quickly when he realizes he's hungry:) It doesn't take long to get settled back down, though, and then he's content again. He'll sleep, usually, up to 3 1/2 or 4 hours in the night before I wake him to feed again. He really is doing well and we feel so blessed by him being here with us. It's amazing how much time can be spent just staring at him:) I'm recovering well, also, and able to do a little more each day. We made our first trip to the main square recently to look at the Christmas markets and to see the large Christmas tree. I'll post some pictures from that soon. We also put up our Christmas tree together last night. We hope to take some family photos soon for the holiday. Thanks for all of your prayers and please keep them coming!! Please pray for my Dad and sister as they will be traveling here in 2 weeks to be with us for Christmas. It will be a very special holiday time together!
Jakub's so cute, and I can't believe he weighs over 10 pounds! Our kids are 6 weeks old, and I think we're getting close to 8 pounds. Haha! Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas.
ReplyDelete