







Well, the pictures are all out of order, but you can take a look above and see them as I talk about them. As you all know, I'm sure, Jakub is here! He was born 10 days early, on November 20th at 540pm our time. I did end up having a c-section due to his head remaining up top. Thankfully, our Moms had just arrived the night before and Josh had driven to Prague to get them and bring them back to our home in Olomouc. We had a nice dinner together and some time to visit. We all went to bed and slept well that night. Boy am I glad for that!:) The next day we had a nice relaxing breakfast together and sat around visiting some more. I enjoyed opening some baby gifts they brought with them from the states. Around 12 I got up to make everyone some lunch (only sandwiches and such) and decided I needed to use the restroom at one point. When I did, I then heard a loud pop that sounded very strange and I felt sudden gushing that was not normal. It didn't take long to realize what was happening. There was a bit of a sudden moment of panic as it all sunk in and I realized I wasn't ready:) Of course, I was ready to see Jakub. However, it wasn't our plan for it to happen this way:) There hadn't been enough time to play with our Moms and his room was still completely in boxes. Oh well, God and Jakub new it was time and, thankfully, the hospital bags had been packed for several weeks:) So, we let everyone else get some lunch and eat since it might be several hours before they would again. I sat and watched since I knew a c-section was likely and that I shouldn't eat. Another good thing was that I had not eaten since our 8am breakfast, so it wasn't going to be a problem for surgery. Then, we headed off to the hospital in the car. I began having some contractions, which were about 15-20 minutes apart. At the hospital we checked in and found out it would be about 3 hours before surgery due to another emergency c-section. They examined me and gave us a private labor room to wait in. I dilated to a 3 and continued having some contractions. They really weren't too bad at that point. Josh gave me some music to listen to and rubbed my back some. We waited and about 2 1/2 hours later they came to get us for surgery. We then found out that Josh could not go with me. That was a bit of a shock and caused another moment of private, internal panic:) Then, I focused more on what needed to be done and off we went. I had an epidural put in and then waited for surgery to begin. It was strange to lay there and not know all that was being said, but the doctors took good care of me and explained the most important of everything I needed to know. The surgery itself took about 30 minutes and wasn't bad. They numbed me a little too high and so I had some oxygen at one point to help. Then, I heard Jakub cry and the doctor said "je to kluk!," (it's a boy!). He weighed 8lb 14oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. They showed him to me, but I was crying a little and had no contacts or glasses on so I say a whitish blur rapped in a blue blur and then he was gone:). I was comforted to know he came out crying well and breathing well from what I could hear. They sowed me up, which caused a little bit of nausea and vomiting, which is not fun to do laying flat and unable to move. They helped me, though. Then, they took me to my recovery room where they kindly let both of our Moms and Josh stay with me until midnight. Josh stayed the whole night. I got to see Jakub for a while, but then they also took him for the night so I could sleep and to give me time to get back full movement in my body. It was so good to see him, but so hard not to be able to move and to feel slightly sick and very tired. I also had lots of normal shaking after the surgery. So, once those long hours of the night passed they moved me to a normal post-partum room and brought Jakub to us to stay with us. Things were much better from that point on. He's done so well and is such a blessing. So far, he sleeps and eats well and that has been a huge blessing for my recovery. He already sleeps 3-4 hours at night before I wake him or he needs to feed again. He's had some wonderful awake moments during the day where we get to look at each other and talk together:). Our Moms and Laura, Josh's sister, have been a huge help at home, also. We're enjoying lots of home cooking and time together! I'm feeling better each day, though it's a slow process, as many of you know. Well, I better go for now. I can hear him wanting to eat again:) Thanks to all of you for your prayers, wishes, and gifts! We are very blessed. Enjoy the pictures and hopefully there will be many more to come!
He's a handsome little boy! Congrats!
ReplyDelete