Well, he did it! He made it through the night without eating! It began last Thursday night- of course after I had asked the doctor about starting rice cereal and after being concerned he wasn't getting enough to eat:) The first reassurance was his weight at the check-up. The second reassurance came that evening when he woke himself at 930pm to eat and then didn't wake a single time after that until 530 am to eat! I woke up at 430 and was a little frightened that I hadn't heard from him all night. I immediately went to check on him and his breathing:) He was sound asleep. Every night since he's made it from around 930 or 10pm until 5, 6, or even 645 am without eating! It's wonderful for my sleep, usually. Last night he woke every 2 hours with a little gas or wanting his pacifier. He went back to sleep quickly, but it was still tough to wake up that often. I am thankful he can make it through the night, but now I need to work on teaching him to go back to sleep alone or put his own pacifier back in:) What age can I expect him to learn that trick???
And here's a fun video, just because...
He's got the CUTEST smile!!!! Love that kid!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the super video!!!! Gave me lots of smiles after a long day at work at the new RFC student center!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are still working on Addi putting the pacie in by herself at night. She does it all day long by herself but when she's in her crib and half asleep she hasn't quite figured it out yet. I've even got several pacies in her crib for her to feel around for.
ReplyDeleteWhere do you get your backgrounds from?
Hey everyone:) Thanks for your comments! Natalie, I get them from "thecutestblogontheblock.com" They have a lot of awesome ones to choose from!
ReplyDelete