Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fun times!

I have only a few new pictures to show, but I've been having so much fun with Jakub. He crawls everywhere and explores everything. He's also eating new foods and learning new movements/skills. It's a great time!

He has been getting up on his knees more over the last 2 days and even pulling forward on them a little. Maybe he will learn how to crawl on them after all. He's really starting to say "na-na-na" a lot with his "da-da," so it's nice to hear a new sound. When he wakes from a nap and wants us to get him he sometimes yells "hey" really loudly over and over. It's cute. :) He yells a lot, period, when he's talking. I don't know why he thinks he has to be so loud...

He wants to open and shut every door he passes. We haven't lost any fingers to this game, yet. When he crawls across the floor in the living room, and some toys are in the way, he grabs them and throws them really hard out of the way while he keeps moving. He can be so dramatic. :) His new favorite meal is steamed cauliflower mixed with sauteed tomatoes and onions and then mixed with some real cheddar cheese. I thought it was pretty yummy, myself. He's eating pieces of things now and chunkier foods on his own, but I still spoon feed him as well. Tonight I might be making him his first lasagna (if I can overcome my laziness and get to the store), which is exciting. Anyway, that's how things are going here with Jakub.

As for work we're enjoying doing a lot of follow-up activities with the camp students and the kids we already knew in Olomouc. Yesterday we took them bowling and then to the square for ice cream. Jakub loved being with all of the students. They enjoyed him, as well, and even included him in a little water-splash game in one of the fountains. :) We're hoping to see some of them at worship on Sunday, so please be praying about that.

Josh and I are also starting to make some plans for our trip home, which makes it seem really close! Only 2 1/2 weeks! We're very excited.

Here are the pictures. Some are of Jakub in the tub, some are of him eating blueberries and yogurt, and some are of him playing. He loves to crawl under tables and chairs. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment