Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sweet Summer... Oh how I love you!



There's too much to write about and too many pictures to share so I'll just post as much as I can. We're having some wonderful, sunny, fun, work-and-activity-filled days here. It's a great time of year and we're trying to soak it all up. I hope you all are having some joyous moments at home, too!


Here's what we've been up to lately:



Eating new foods... like whipped cream from a can. :)






Working on our image...






Working on our puzzles... he calls the train a "toot! toot!"






Stubbing our toes... (I consoled him after getting a good pic of that dramatic face. :)






Finishing up our Moms' and Kids' class and moving on to playing in the park each week together. Sarah and I will take a break for the more formal type teaching setting until our summer camps are over. We made this rainbow during our final class to complete our theme of colors for the semester.






Moon gazing... this is a view from where we live. Our apartment building is on the left side of that street. It's a great view of the most beautiful cathedral in Olomouc. At night it really looks like something from a fairytale.






Retreating with our team for a few days before the craziness of our summer work fully began...

Here is the castle we could see from our penzion. It was at the top of a small mountain (or maybe just really large hill) and we hiked up to it one morning. I carried Jakub on my back in a carrier and didn't realize how tired 29lbs of extra weight would make me. :) It was a gorgeous day, though, and a beautiful castle to see. Our path up was so overgrown with bushes, though, that in some parts Christie had to help me hold back the brush and trees so I could get Jakub through without getting him caught in the nettles and branches. Christie took a lot of them for us... Those are NOT fun!


Just his size...



We've also been playing pretend a lot lately... here are his tickle monster gloves!






And his magic cape and secret castle (a.k.a. tiny fort to the right) ...






Practicing various eating techniques... this is his favorite, the shovel...







We've been playing outside every day. There is a playground just outside our front door, which has been really great for us.

Here's the first place we always start...

Then we move on to this one...

Then we hit the sand box for a while... yes, we still eat sand...

Then we end with our favorite attraction of all, the slide! Or as he says "sisze." He can crawl up the the second rung by himself now... that last one's just still a bit much...










And we like to visit the outdoor market near the square. These fresh green peas are my favorite! Jakub eats it all, too. In fact, we've added a new food to the list... raw white onion. Jakub likes to eat it raw and has the WORST breath afterward. Still, I'm proud of him. :)






And we've been playing with a lot of our friends. Here's one of my best friends, Stana, with her son Mikulas.



And here's sweet Thompson!


We recently got to babysit for Corey and Sarah while they went out for their anniversary. We had such a good time with Jakub and their boys. Having 3 boys running around the house was definitely interesting and so enjoyable.


What great and blessed times! We thank God for our little family and our home here in Olomouc. It's a good time of year and we just pray that God use us as much as possible in all of these opportunities to serve others and share His love and teachings with them. Please pray for us and for the work and camps. We'll need lots of energy and patience. Thank you! I hope you enjoyed all of the pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I like the new bad boy image. Maybe he could use it until he becomes a teenager.

    ReplyDelete