Saturday, January 28, 2012

Random news...



No, that's not anyone I know, but it gives you a good idea of what our life is like these days and I wanted to remember how it's been around here this week. I've been fighting jet-lag more than I usually do, which is not much at all usually, and have been falling asleep the moment I get still. Josh has been making fun of me for it so I wanted to remember that last night, on our first Friday night home since furlough, we were excited to have some time together after getting Jakub to bed. First, I have to say that we had a program for our teens and college-aged friends last night at our center and we didn't get home until 915pm (It was an excellent program- praise God!). We gave Jakub a snack and then put him to bed and by 945 we were getting our dinner ready and happy to watch a show together. We watch some American shows on our computer so we had that between us on the bed and watched while eating. I remember finishing eating and putting my plate down and then laying back to finish watching the show and the next thing I know it's 2am and the computer's still on, lights are on, and Josh is laying slumped over. ;) Maybe it's not that funny to anyone else, but it was funny to me. Especially since Josh has found me asleep a lot this week in the evenings working at my computer or reading in bed... Now it's happened to him, too. I wish I had a picture of us.... I'm certain we did not look as cute as the couple above!

Other great and random news from this week:

Jakub asked to pray himself before dinner one time this week. That day we had learned that his closest friend here, Mikulas, was very sick with pneumonia and a high fever. We had visited with his Mom, my friend Stana, earlier in the day and Jakub was excited to see her and kept asking for Mikulas. Then, when he finally understood he was sick right now, he said "Miki get better!" His concern was sweet to hear. So, later, before dinner we were sitting at the table together and Jakub said "Mommy no pray, Daddy no pray, Jakub pray." Then he actually started a prayer on his own and said "Dear God, pray for Daddy, Mommy, Jakub, Stana, Miki." I was filled with joy at the sound of him asking to pray and remembering his dear friends here in the prayer. I'm certain, even though he didn't say it, that he was thinking of Mikulas being sick. He's so aware of people around him, their emotions, the way they interact with him, etc. It's awesome! It's a great gift from God to have Jakub in our lives and to be a part of his growing and developing. I hope he always wants to talk to God and to pray for others around him out of concern and love.

Jakub has also started asking who the clothes are from that we put him in each day. He especially wants to know if it's from his Grandma or Nana. It's so sweet to see him thinking of them and he seems to find it special that he's wearing their clothes they bought him.

We've had a little snow and ice here recently so Josh took Jakub sledding yesterday and he loved it! He kept demanding that Josh keep running so he could go fast, which wore Josh out. :) Our temps here are very cold and getting even colder over the next week. I just read that our HIGHS coming up are anywhere from 7F to 19F over the next week, with lows around -9 to 0F. No more snow, though. :(



One more picture before I go. I stole this one from my sister-in-law Laura- thank you! :) Jakub with his cousin Lillian on Christmas morning before church. They look like siblings to me! Love you and miss you Lillian (and all the cousins!). More furlough posts and pictures to come soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how cold it is there! I'm so glad y'all made it back safely and had fun on your furlough. Next time you'll have to make a trip to Grapevine :)

    ReplyDelete