Also, I would like to ask for your prayers today for my cousins, through Josh's side, Sarah and Jason, who are in Boston this week for a surgery Sarah will have today. To find out more information about her and her story please read her blog: Sarah Grounds
Her surgery is today at 10am (U.S. time) and if everything goes well she'll be in the hospital for another 7-8 days and then released to a nearby hotel for another couple of days before returning home to Tulsa. She and Jason had to leave behind their 3 children and I know that's weighing on their hearts and minds a lot. Thankfully they/we have great family and church family who are doing so much to help care for them and their needs right now. I praise God for that!
Thank you for your prayers- especially for Sarah G. today. We hope this surgery will happen, will go well, and that it will be the next step towards her healing and being well again. The surgeon she will be with is supposed to be one of the best and I'm so thankful he took her case. Please pray for her and their family. I'll post again when I know something more. Thank you!
Other random news: It's snowing right now and should get up to 19F today, which is like a heat wave here. :) I have to admit, though, that I'm really enjoying the cold and snow, because we've also had a lot of sunshine with it. It's been a beautiful winter so far.
We've been applying to some local pre-schools this week because it's required if you want to get on a list for next winter's entrance. After he turns 3 in November he could start to school and we likely will do it for 1/2 a day each day. He loves to be with other children, to learn, and to play. When we've visited the schools this week he's immediately left our side to go play with the other children there and to talk to the teachers. :) He's so social! I think in one more year he'll be really ready. He's already ready because he's been asking to go back to school, or školka as we call it. (sh-coal-ka). I'm happy that he likes it so much already. I hope he will one day when he gets to really go. Please pray for this process for us and that he'll be accepted somewhere and it will be the right place for him and for us.
Jakub's big thing right now is getting someone to laugh, or getting someone to make him laugh by doing something silly, and then he says "So-and-so is so funny!" or "Jakub is funny!" It's so cute! I like it when we're playing together and he stops and says "Mommy, you're funny!" :) He also likes to change the pitch of his voice while talking or singing and tries to imitate different voices and sounds. It's hilarious. He's quite the entertainer already...
Random picture (because I can't post without at least one...) being silly and showing his food... :)Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers about all of these things mentioned above. I'm glad I can ask for your help. Love you all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment