March has almost come and gone, and so quickly I can hardly believe it. Where do the days go? It's gorgeous here this time of year and we've been busy enjoying God's beautiful creation. We even recently had our Sunday worship outside so we could experience and be inspired by the nature and sunlight all around us while praising God and studying His word. It was a lovely day and time spent in the park together.Other things going on:
Jakub LOVES chocolate, or anything sweet for that matter. Because we don't give him these things very often, it's really a special treat for all of us when we do. He was so happy to try this mint-chocolate treat and after the bites of mint he would say "oohh, that's spicy." It was hilarious. :)
Here's my brave boy showing off a bag of his pacifiers that we would later that day give away to baby Emmy. I think I was more fearful of this event and the night to come than he was. Here he is sitting on his first motorka (kid's bike/motorcycle), not knowing yet the surprise that awaits for being so brave.
And here he is on his new motorka, which was a gift from us. He was so excited and proud of his new bike.
Here's precious baby Emmy. Jakub did so well giving her the bag of pacifiers immediately upon our arrival to their home. He never even asked for them back or seemed to care. I know it's not always this easy with children, and I'm not bragging, but I was so afraid it would be hard for him and that I would want to give in and give them back. Especially if it ever came to many sleepless nights. To protect myself from this I made sure we gave them all away and there weren't any left to return home to. ;) Jakub did better than I did- I wanted to cry that my little baby, I mean boy, didn't need them anymore. He occasionally still mentions them, but then says that baby Emmy has them now. I'm so proud.
Here's Jakub playing with Emmy's brother, Liam. They are good friends and get along really well. Jakub left a gift for Liam as well- his old motorka. Now they can ride together.
Tonight we enjoyed a blue-water bubble-bath. Thanks Grandma for our Elmo water tabs. Jakub loves them and mentions that they are from you. He's been sick this week with a bad cold and we've been inside a lot, so this is one fun way to spend some time- especially before bed. Evan and Thompson, those boats are named after you (Evan, you're the yellow one), and Jakub always mentions you and playing with you while he plays with them in the water. Today, he asked 2 times if Corey, Sarah, Evan, and Thompson could fly a plane to Jakub's home soon. I love it when someone is on his mind and he asks about them. This made me very happy. Keens, you are missed and loved.
Jakub showing off his new pajamas tonight before bedtime. They are a little big still, but he is so proud of them. It's the second pair, maybe third, I've ever bought for him myself. Thanks to a very generous family, and especially 2 very loving and generous grandmothers, I've rarely had the need to buy Jakub clothing from me. I don't mind that. ;) It helps to make it even more special when I finally do. I also appreciate and like that Jakub always wants to know who his clothing (or toys, or books, etc) is from. Now I can say "this is from Mommy." To end I'll mention some prayer requests. Our family could use prayers for better/good health. I've been battling some tooth issues and jaw pain for about one month now. I've had work done on 2 teeth and prayerfully we're almost back to a healthy mouth. It's been painful so please pray for the pain to end soon and not return. Also, Jakub and Josh both have bad colds this week. Jakub is starting to get well already, and hopefully Josh will soon as well.
This weekend we'll have a special Easter celebration and worship with our church and closest friends. Please pray that many will come and that our time together will be blessed. Please pray for open hearts to hearing God's message and that we can share our faith boldly with love. Next weekend, on Easter, we'll be away at an annual retreat with other churches from here and Slovakia. Please pray for all of our travels and for an encouraging time spent with our larger church family.
And one more. I know it's rather vague, but I want to maintain privacy where I should. God knows exactly the faces and stories I have on my heart right now. Please be praying about some new opportunities we're beginning to have for deeper relationships and Bible studies with some of our closest friends. It seems with this Spring time forming around us there is also growth and change amongst our friends. It's an exciting and inspiring time for planting more seeds in God's Kingdom. We want so much for those we love to also know God's love and God's story. We could all use your prayers as we seek to know Him better.
Thank you so much for your prayers. Love to you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment