Monday, May 21, 2012

Oh so fun... and random!

 Here's our precious friend Mikuláš.  Jakub and he play very well together, usually, and despite the typical fighting that does occur, they have both learned that Friday is their special day to play together and they look forward to it each week.  They both ask during the week if it's Friday yet, and on Friday Jakub wakes from his nap yelling for Miki and his Mom to come play. :)  It's really sweet and I'm glad they are both so fond of one another.  They give the best hugs and kisses to each other and to us.  They have both also started asking when they will get to start "školka" together.  Last week we took them to play on the playground at their soon-to-be-school (end of this year) and they were thrilled!  Jakub couldn't stop talking about how they were going to be there together one day.  I am happy that they are so excited and I'm sad that they look forward to school so much.






 Sweet boys...






  
 My parents sent these beautiful flowers as a surprise for Mother's day.  Thank you!  They were gorgeous and the daisies are still very lovely and sitting on my table. :)  My sister, Hope, also sent us a package recently and it had in it a gift for me, which you can see on the ledge in this picture.  We both said it was a God-thing that she was given the wrong box, with the wrong item inside, which she unknowingly sent to me.  She meant to send me the image of a woman holding her toddler against her shoulder (for me and Jakub).  However, I was sent this image of what could be 2 sisters hugging each other (older and younger like us).  The caption on the bottom says "always close," and it talks about being close at heart and with love even when you are so far apart physically.  It couldn't have been a better message and image for us and it meant so much to me.  I didn't know about the mistake until after I raved to her about how awesome it was and how much I needed just that image. :)  We were both so happy about this "mistake."  Thank you, Hope! I love you!  :)





 

We recently put up some sun, moon, and star glow-in-the-dark stickers above where Jakub sleeps so he can look at them at night while laying in bed.   Yes, my shirt is inside out.  Yes, I went out in public like that.  Yes, it was one of those days... :)








Pop, we've been practicing!!  





 


He loves golf!








 As part of Josh's recent birthday we did all the fun things we wanted all day long.  It started with making blueberry pecan pancakes and having a dance party in the living room.  Jakub doesn't look too thrilled here, but he was having a blast.  He was teaching us how to twist and hop at the same time. :)



Here he goes...




What a fun day together!  We've had lots of fun moments together lately.  Jakub is full of energy and ideas and can go non-stop all day if you let him.  I try not to let him.  I can't keep up. :) 

One last thing I want to post about because it just began in the last week and I don't want to forget it- Jakub is finally singing all of the words, on his own, to several songs he knows.   It's amazing that he's just decided he'll sing them out loud for us now and that he knows so many.  He even knows songs I wouldn't have imagined he memorized yet.  With very little flaw he is now singing:
  1. Twinkle, Twinkle
  2. Jingle Bells
  3. What colors do you see
  4. ABC's
  5. Numbers song (1 to 10 and back again)
  6. Old McDonald
  7. Head and Shoulders
  8. Teapot
  9. Itsy Bitsy Spider
  10. Yankee Doodle
  11. I Love You song (Barney)
  12. He-man (our version) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment