Sunday, June 3, 2012

Rainforest, Cave, Waterfall!





Jakub occasionally watches an episode of Dora the Explorer, which we have on a Nick Jr. DVD.  He loves Dora and he loves the big adventure she goes on in this episode, with boots and Diego, through a rainforest, past a cave, and to a large waterfall to save a baby jaguar.  He loves helping her decide on the map where to go and acting out the parts along with the characters.  Well, this weekend we took him on a big adventure of our own, with some of our friends and our interns, which was similar to the episode in his mind.  I hadn't thought of this before Jake mentioned it to me, but on Saturday morning I told him we would be doing some new things together during the day and that we were going on a big adventure.  I told him we would first go to a castle, and then a cave.  He immediately repeated the words castle and cave and then said "and waterfall!"  I immediately knew what he was thinking of thought it very clever of him.  I told him I was sorry, though, that there wouldn't be any waterfall.  Well, at the area around the cave entrance was an outdoor park of sorts with a nice fountain area.  Jake immediately screamed waterfall while running towards it.  I guess he did get everything he wanted in the end. :)  It was an awesome day together and very special to explore these things with him for the first time.  He did so well walking and hiking alongside us all day- we were gone from 9am-4pm.  He didn't slow down until the very end of the walk back to the car.  Of course he took a short nap on the 30 min drive home.  What a trooper!  I can't wait to do something like this with him again soon. 


I don't have any of my own pictures from this day, but I've got some from their websites and soon I'll have some from a friend who went with us.  For now, here are the few I could find of these locations we visited.  They are blurry from copying and enlarging, but at least you get a general idea for now.  Enjoy!

kravarske-nadvori.jpg
Jakub climbed to the top of this tower with us and loved the lookout over the cities below.







druhe-nadvori.jpg








pohled-od-lhoty.jpg
View of the entire castle area we explored.



 
 Inside the cave area.  They had well-made and well-lit paths for walking through.  It was beautiful inside and quite large in some areas.  When they turned all of the lights out we were able to experience true darkness- I wish I could sleep there at night. :)


  First discovered in 1580, but not thoroughly explored until the early 1900's. 

  Aragonitové krystalky na oponě, foto A. Komaško


1 comment:

  1. We drew a pirate map on the back of plastic/vinyl placemat for Davis. He rolled it up and tied it with a fabric scrap. You could make one for Jakub's adventures.

    ReplyDelete