We're almost half-way there! Already! I can't believe it. I mean, honestly, the first few weeks of incredible sickness felt like an eternity, but after that the time with this pregnancy has truly flown. It doesn't hurt that Jakub and our work here are keeping me extremely occupied. Those are huge blessings, though, so I don't mind at all. I know it won't be long before I blink and the baby will be here with us. In the meantime I'm trying to enjoy the pregnancy as much as I can. It will help to know soon what gender the baby will be and then we'll start talking about names. That's something I look forward to very much!
Update on the pregnancy: I'm feeling the baby move more and more. Usually I feel it at night, but today I felt it also right after breakfast and right after lunch. I bet that means the baby enjoyed my food choices. :) I'm feeling less and less ill, but still unable to tolerate much, or any, onion or garlic in anything. I don't really crave very many specific things, but I definitely still know when I don't want a certain something. I still don't enjoy pork meat, but I can tolerate it now. I still love all things dairy, especially if they are cold and salty. Lemons are also my best friend right now. I put freshly squeezed lemon juice, and slices of lemon, in my water every day. It really helps with the nausea. The last time I was truly ill was last Sunday morning. Being sick only 1 time a week is great progress and hopefully soon it will be completely behind me. I'm doing well with weight gain this pregnancy, but it definitely is all in my belly and I look a bit larger than 19 weeks (at least how it looks on most people at this point). I'm about to move into maternity pants and already wear maternity tops and sometimes have to wear a belly-band over my jeans. That's all I can think of for now. We go back for our next appointment and ultrasound on October 1st. Prayerfully everything will be fine and hopefully we'll also find out the gender. :)
Update on Jakub: He's growing by leaps and bounds right now. In every way. He's so tall at 3 feet 2 inches and 36-37 lbs. He's thinning out as he grows taller, but definitely feels solid and strong when I hold him or we play together. He's fearless with that strength as well and can run, climb, ride a bike, and play sports very well now. He usually prefers to play with older children because of these things. It's really fun to be outside with him, though my days of keeping up and running alongside him are quickly coming to an end. He talks ALL the time, which I mostly love, except for bedtime. He asks a lot of questions and wants to be included in all of our conversations. He's very curious about everything and always wants to know what I'm doing and how I'm doing it (cooking a meal, doing laundry, cleaning something, making a craft for our Moms' and Children's program, etc.). He loves to learn new tasks and is usually very patient, as long as he's not tired. We've lately been trying some various Montessori-type learning activities (which feel more like play to a child, but are very educational/challenging as well) and he's enjoying it very much. I can see that the problem with him will be challenging him. Once he's figured out a puzzle, game, or task, even if it's taken him a while, he no longer wants to do it again. If he does, he does it quickly the next time around and gets bored when it's over. I'll have to be creative with challenging him. Even-more-so now, I believe he'll love school starting this November after he turns 3. He seems ready for it. He's beginning to try and skip nap times by defiantly getting out of bed over and over, and telling me he "will never take a nap." He's so strong-willed the only thing that is working in the end, after an hour or more of sending him back to his bed, is to lay down with him until he drifts off. Today he talked to me a lot while we were laying there and I fell asleep to his talking and then woke about 20 min. later to him sleeping beside me. :) He still eats really well, but wont just eat anything these days. He has to inspect it first and know what all is inside (if it's not obvious). Usually he'll take at least one bite, but if he doesn't like it he's honest about it. He no longer likes cooked carrots, cooked celery, mushrooms, raw onion, or oranges. Most everything else he eats. He's Daddy's biggest fan and wants Josh to do everything with him. If I get on to him he usually gets mad at me. If Josh gets on to him it hurts his feelings and embarrasses him. That's not always been so easy to deal with lately as I'm with Jakub a lot more than Josh. And that's probably why he's such a Daddy fan. :) I think that's it for now...
Update on life: This part, and the pictures to go with it, will have to wait until next time. I'm hungry and have to go eat before it gets worse. :)
Here are a few pictures from today. Also, thanks to all of you who wrote me to encourage me and who prayed for me. I'm feeling calmer about the pregnancy now and much more peace. Thank you!
I didn't have to ask for this kiss this time. Jakub has come around to loving on the baby and talking to it. Unfortunately, he now definitely wants a boy and yells "no girls" if someone asks him about having a baby sister. I wonder if he'll actually be upset if it's a girl... One really sweet thing he says when he's tired and he's hugging me good night is "This is my Mommy and this is my baby." and he hugs me tight. I love him!




No comments:
Post a Comment