Thursday, September 20, 2012

Our Dear Grandmother - We love you!




I don't know what all to say here... there are so many things running through my head.  Josh's Grandmother passed away last Saturday and we are greatly missing her already.  We already live in a constant state of  missing family and now we're grieving the loss of Grandmother and so saddened that we couldn't be there to spend time with her recently and to say goodbye.  It's moments like these that make us feel like we're greatly neglecting our family and letting them down by not being around more or constantly.  I know that's not how they feel, because they've been very supportive and reassuring, but we still feel very sad this week that we are not there with our family now. 

A huge thanks to all of our Beall family for helping us feel as connected and involved over the last week as you did. We were able to Skype many times together, to talk, to see each other, and just yesterday they made sure Josh could be a part of the funeral by Skyping him in for it.  He videotaped it for me so I will be able to be a part of it as well.  It has helped us find some closure and comfort.  Most importantly we know Grandmother is with God now and at peace.  I can only imagine how wonderful that must be and that she is truly blessed more than we can understand here.  I'm going to miss her so much.  She was a wonderful Grandmother and took me into the family and her love immediately.  I'll never forget her love of blue, her joy, her amazing recall of people and stories, or her loud, infectious laugh- she was loud and full of life like my family can be. :)  I'm thankful that Jakub shares this laugh, passed down from her to Wendell to Jakub.  I'm only sorry that she didn't get to hear his most recent version, which is definitely confident, hearty/deep and loud. She would have loved it!  I have no doubt, though, how much she loved us and him.  We have a painting from her, to Jakub, hanging in his bedroom and we'll continue looking at it with love and many great memories. 

Thank you, Grandmother, for the way you raised and loved your family.  Your teachings and joy and love were passed on to your kids, and their kids, and came straight into my life and passed on to my kid.  I'm so thankful. We love you, Grandmother! 

No comments:

Post a Comment