Friday, October 5, 2012

Moms' and Kids' Group...


Here's a little more than half of the group of wonderful, beautiful kids I get to spend every Wednesday afternoon with.  I love spending time with them and their Moms and I'm so thankful for the things I get to teach them and to be a part of their learning process.  This has been my group for about a year now.  Many of them were coming before that, but several have been coming for just a year or slightly more.  It's awesome to watch them grow up and to have grown so much closer to their mothers (and a few fathers) as well.  I love this group!  Unfortunately 7 of the kids wouldn't take the picture, for one reason or another, but I'm sure I'll capture them again soon. :)  I definitely plan to have some fun pictures of them when we have a Fall festival later in November, and then our annual Christmas party in December.  I'll have to get some pictures of the lovely and super sweet moms and dads who come as well. They have been and continue to be a tremendous encouragement in my (and my family's) life.  Some of them are now starting to volunteer much more to help the program out and that's a big blessing in my life.  My dear friend Sona, who you can see in this photo with her 2 girls, is now helping me with ideas for the lessons as well as helping me lead the singing.  She has a beautiful voice!  I also had one mother plan our craft time last week and that went really well, also.  Please keep me and this group in your prayers as we continue to grow together.  Please say a prayer of thanks with me that God has blessed our group so greatly and that it continues to be received so well the Bible and life lessons I get to share with these kids and Moms each week.  And they share a lot with me as well!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment