Friday, June 7, 2013

The Olympics!

Jakub's school had an "olympics" sports day today.  It was hosted and staffed by another local school (elementary and middle-school-aged children) just behind our home.  I LOVE our neighborhood.  Almost everything we need, and even want, is right around the corner and withing walking distance.  Now, being the great parents that we are we didn't realize/remember/fully understand that this event was going on today and so when Josh dropped Jakub off at school this morning he called home for a few things I needed to prepare so he could return and get them for Jake. :)  Oh well, even though it's been 4 months now since Sofia was born I continue to blame all our parenting fails on having a newborn at home. :) 



So, Jakub had a sports day at school and since it was held just behind our home I was able to go over and watch a bit of it with some of the other parents.  Jakub was awesome and it was wonderful to see him in his school environment with his friends and his teachers.  He understands and speaks Czech so beautifully now.  I'm so proud of him and how brave he is with the language barrier, with making friends, and with trying all of the new challenges brought before him.  He was also very athletic today and did very well at the various competitions.  I was one proud Mama!  Here are some videos from today.  Enjoy! :)


Baton Race


High Jump


Ball Toss (I missed Jake's turn)...

No comments:

Post a Comment