Here's a sweet picture I just took of her as she happily woke up from a 2 hour nap:
The first thing that comes to mind is she is a very gentle and extremely sweet baby. She's quiet, even when she's talking... unless brother or Daddy get her to laughing and then she can be loud.
We took her for her 5 month check-up this week and she weighed 8.33 kg or 18.5 lbs. She's 1/2 lb bigger than Jakub at this age. I haven't measured her length yet. The doctor was pleased with her in general and said everything looked pretty well. They did comment that her skull is hardening a little already and maybe starting to close a little early in the top fontanel, or soft spot, so we'll keep an eye on that. She's not showing any problems related to it though and her head circumference was normal so they aren't worried at all, only mentioned they'll keep checking to make sure it closes appropriately. She's also had a cough and some congestion off-and-on for 6 weeks so we'll be getting that checked again soon. The ENT specialist this week said everything looked great and just to watch her over the next week to see if the cough improves or not. I hope she doesn't have allergies already and that it's just a cold (which is how it started) that's being stubborn. We'll see about it again next week.
She is sleeping really well and for about one month now is going to bed around 8-830 and staying asleep until 830 or 9am. Sometimes she wakes around 430-530am for a feeding, and sometimes not. She also takes great naps during the day with the first one being 2 hours and the second one being 1 hour. Sometimes she fits a third one in, but if I can keep her from needing it then she sleeps better at night and goes to bed earlier, of course.
She LOVES Jakub and smiles/laughs any time he is near and playing with her. He continues to be super sweet to her, constantly wants to hold her or be with her, and often asks about what she is doing or where is she (if she's asleep when he comes home). I'm glad they get along well now and I hope he'll always want to help take care of her and help me teach her things in life. I appreciate that he is so gentle with her and protective of her already. He's also very interested in caring for her and in her medical needs (eye drops, doctor visits, vaccinations). He may be interested in the medical field one day.
She makes plenty of noise but not a lot of consonant sounds yet.
She turns from her belly to back easily and often, but only once from back to belly.
She likes to sit with pillows and help, but doesn't have much strength towards doing it on her own yet.
She's very strong on her legs and likes to stand a lot, she also walks well in the walker we have. She already knows how to follow me and walk across the room or kitchen to find me. I'm impressed!
Her hair is growing in very quickly now and is a neutral, blondish-gold color. It's very straight and sticks straight up like Josh's did when he was a baby. :) And her eyes are starting to turn yellow in the middle. I think she might end up with eyes like mine- a hazel-gold color.
Ok, have to run now. She's ready to play. :) Hopefully I'll find time again soon to update on our camps, life in general, and how Jakub is doing.


No comments:
Post a Comment