Thursday, February 27, 2014
My Jake
Oh Jake. You are FULL of life. It's awesome, and inspiring, and exhausting. :) You are 4 going on 15 sometimes. You love to know everything you can about everything, so you ask a lot of questions, which I actually really love because it reminds me to ask questions as well. I love to learn alongside you.
You are doing really well at adjust to life with a sister around. You have your moments of getting tired of her or of needing more attention, but that's very normal. For the most part you love to play with her, you shower her with affection, and you call her "my pretty girl." You tell her she's beautiful, you love it when she wears a dress or I put bows in her hair, and you are super proud of her learning to walk right now. She also loves you very much and wants to give you many hugs and kisses. When she hugs you she pats your back and you close your eyes and smile. I never get tired of seeing you two like this and I hope it's an image stamped on my heart forever. I believe it is.
You're doing great at school, though I get the feeling you learn quickly and get bored, therefore getting into trouble at times. I know this means you will need many challenges, but I also know it means you're intelligent and I hope you'll always love school and the pursuit of knowledge. You're doing a great job at speaking Czech as well and you operate within it at school and out with friends with little problem. You even have an accent when you speak English because of it. Not a strong one, but enough to know you speak both languages and it's so cool. :)
You are definitely tall as you are taller than most your age and you look closer to 5-6yo already. You weigh about 19-20 kg now, I think. :) You are healthy for the most part, but you do catch many colds and coughs from school, so we've been testing you lately at the doctor for allergies, low immunity, and asthma. You don't have allergies and your immune system looks fine, but you did test positive for asthma so you are taking an inhaler 2x a day for a few months to see how you respond to that. When you get a cough it takes forever to go away. I hope you won't always suffer from this and I pray you won't ever have emergency attacks of any kind. Hopefully you'll grow out of this soon. When you aren't at school, or it's summer time, you're completely fine, so I feel very hopeful that soon you'll be ok and not need the medicine.
Your favorite shows/movies right now are Curious George, Cars, Krtek fairytales, Berenstain Bears, and Finding Nemo. You really prefer to play outside though, and ride your bike, or race your toy cars inside and build garages.
One last thing before I go to bed- one of my favorite things about you right now is that you always want to know what is more, or bigger, or higher when it comes to something you are trying to be the best at, or know the most about, etc. For example (my favorite example), you ask how much I love you and I tell you something like "to the moon and back one thousand times." And you want to know what is more than one thousand, because that's how much you love me back. Always a competition with you, but when it comes to love I'll take it. :) So you made up the word "killion" and you think it's the ultimate number. Usually I let you have it because I know you'll want to win, so I'll say a billion and wait for you to say a "killion." Tonight when I told you I love you and I missed you (you were away at a babysitter's home) and was glad to see you I then told you that I love you one killion times (thinking I would win), and you said "I love you to God and back, is that more than a killion?" Wow. Thanks Jakub. You made my heart sing. Yes, that's more than a killion. That's the best. Thanks for thinking of God as well and bringing Him into our love. It doesn't get better than that.
I love you, Jake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment