Happy New Year to all of you! I hope yours if off to a good and blessed start, and even if it's come with some hard times already I pray you know God goes before you each day, doing His will in and around you, and He stands beside you holding you and loving you each moment.
We had lovely holidays filled with so many beautiful memories I will treasure forever, which is just what I asked God for this holiday time. And our home was filled with a Christmas spirit, joy, laughter, and many friends and visitors. If you know me well, you know I love this time of year and these kinds of moments. And I did a lot of holiday cooking. And played a lot of Bing Crosby Christmas music. And I played with my kids and read a lot of books with them. Many moments filled with peace, love, joy, God, and Jesus.
And now prayer warriors out there- I need your help. There were also a couple of hard times during this season, and a few more just today. I may not give many details here (you can always email me for more if you need), but I'm going to list a few thing and people I would really like you to immediately start praying for with me. Thank you so much in advance! I know God hears us and knows the desires of our hearts. I'm so thankful we can turn immediately to Him.
1. A student of ours died in December and his family is still grieving and hurting so much. Many of our other students are as well. We miss him and it's still a bit of a shock.
2. Dear friends of ours on the mission field in Europe lost their mother/mother in law just before Christmas and though she was suffering from a serious illness, it was a sudden and shocking loss. I know they are still hurting and working through this.
3. My Grandmother (Gran) has been in and out of the hospital with various big and little illnesses for a few months. Each one wears her down more, but she still fights hard and tries to stay positive. She is currently in the hospital now and not doing too well. Thankfully my Dad and his brothers and families are able to be there with her often.
4. My Grandfather (Pa) has suffered with Leukemia for a long time, but manages it very well and with an amazing faith and positive spirit that is inspiring to me. He also suffers from some heart problems and other things. He is currently in the hospital for pneumonia, congestive heart failure, and some kidney failure. My Mom is there with him now.
5. My Aunt is with my Uncle right now at a hospital while he waits to have a heart cath procedure done and possibly have a defibrillator placed today. He's not feeling well and his heart is having some problems.
6. My sister-in-law and brother are at the hospital right now waiting on the arrival, by c-section, of their twins (4th and 5th babies to have), but one of the twins was not responding well today and they are watching them now by monitor. This one appears smaller than the other and to have low tone and low movement. We're praying everything is actually fine and we'll be meeting 2 sweet, perfectly healthy babies today.
7. My husband's Aunt (mine too now:), recently had a kidney stone and upon ultrasound of it they discovered a mass in her abdomen and some suspicious spots on her spleen. She's having many tests this week and we should know results tomorrow (Friday). I'm praying it's as minor as it can be and will be something God will heal her of with a minor amount of medicines or surgeries needed.
I hope I haven't forgotten anybody or anything. That's a lot. Please pray with me for these things and these people I love so much. Most of these things are happening today and I just got a phone call about them all a couple of hours ago. It was a lot to take in. But I'm glad my parents taught me to turn immediately to God with it and just trust that it will be what it will be and God holds us no matter what.
If you were to have any prayer requests for me you could leave them in the comments part. I would love to pray for you. God bless you and each of your days to come in this new year.
And here's a picture from New Year's. Those two make my day. Love them.


No comments:
Post a Comment