Thursday, October 22, 2009

A lot going on...

Well, this will be another post without a picture. I really need to take a new one- I know. Life here is a little hectic right now, and the baby isn't even here, yet. Please keep us in your prayers as many changes are happening now or about to happen.

I had 2 doctors appointments this week. The first was for a general health physical and EKG. They require this here before you deliver, so that they know you were given a good general exam and that your heart is also healthy in the event you end up needing a c-section/surgery. Everything at the first appointment went well, including the EKG. The second appointment was with my obgyn. It was only supposed to be for routine blood work and fetal monitoring, but when I took my strip to him to be checked, he said he wanted to quickly check the baby's position (the strip was great, the baby is healthy, he was only curious as to the position). He quickly put a little jelly on the top of my belly and the minute he put the wand on the top part there was a big head right there, face down/away from us. So. That's that. I didn't even get to see his sweet face and I miss that. He's head up and looking away. I think he feels guilty:) haha. I'm still doing the exercises and we'll just see what happens. I'm in week 35 now, so the little guy is running out of time:) We'll be ok whatever happens and I'm still really trying not to worry about it.

We still need to move from our apartment into a new one by the 30th of November, which is also our due date, so you can imagine how that might feel about right now. I do believe it will all work out, but for a planner like me it's hard to remember to let go of wanting control over everything and wanting everything to work out a certain way. Things around us are continually being put into boxes with the hopes of moving soon and the hope that the baby doesn't come before the move. It's not so fun to not have a baby room yet, and to have all the babys things in boxes, but it also makes the future exciting to look forward to when I will finally get to decorate a room for the baby. I hope it happens sometime soon:) We have found some apartments we really like, so it's just a matter now of getting paperwork finalized and all that goes with that. It's just a slower process here sometimes, especially with the language barrier. Fortunately, we have a great advisor who is helping us with all of it.

As for me, I'm feeling well overall. I am definitely feeling slower and more tired, but that's normal. I've never had the weird dreams that are associated with pregnancy sometimes, until now. Every night I have the strangest and longest dreams that make no sense. I now have to go to the restroom every 30 minutes. I sometimes have random nausea during the day. I still don't have heartburn, so I'm thankful for that. My hands are "normally" swollen and achy. I still sleep pretty well at night, except for visits to the restroom. I am more clumsy and forgetful now than ever, which is frustrating. I have to constantly set reminder alarms on my phone. I can still put on my own socks and paint my own toenails, which I consider a great victory at this point. I'm too tired to blow-dry my hair all the way, so it's semi-wet sometimes in our 30-40 degree temps, which feels really good to me:) The czechs probably think I'm crazy and will definitly come down with the flu because of it. I still hate the baby hiccups.

That's life right now. Just wanted to send a little update and to say thanks for the emails and encouragement I've been getting. Keep the prayers coming, too, please. I'll really try to post some pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment