I just had to share this lovely meal with you. Josh made if for our dinner on Mother's Day. It was very sweet- especially since the end of the day with Jakub was a little difficult and we didn't eat until after 730. It was wonderful! We really celebrated Mother's Day together today (Monday), because it's a calmer day for us than Sundays usually are with worship and programs for/with our friends here. Today, after Josh finished at school, we took a walk to the square and had ice-cream. Then we took Jakub on a walk by the river and to see the ducks that live there. There were some baby ducks, which were so sweet to see. It was a very peaceful afternoon.
Here's the happy carrot eater. We started them for his lunch on Sunday. He did not like it at first and made some faces as he took bites of it, but he still swallowed almost all of it without any complaining. He just kept looking at us like: "Are you sure I'm supposed to eat this stuff?" It was sweet. :) He's trusting of us because he kept eating what I gave him. I ended up adding a little rice cereal at the end to make the taste a little more bland since he's only used to the cereal. He did well and I was so proud. It was also enjoyable to make the food for him- and it was easy! I steamed 3 chopped carrots and then froze the left-overs in ice cube trays and now we have enough for about 4 days worth of food for him. Today when he ate them again he didn't make any faces and he ate everything I made for him. I think I'm getting better at learning when to stop, because he still doesn't give me any good signs of being full- he just eats what I give him! Anyone else have this problem??
I also gave him his first sippy-cup after lunch with some water to wash the carrots down:) He did really well with the handles and took to them immediately. He did drink a little, but mostly he rubbed it against his gums. I still don't see any signs of teeth on the inside, but he acts like they are coming soon. We'll keep giving this cup a try, but I can tell he would rather drink straight from a regular glass. He's always watching us drink from ours and grabbing at them. My Mom said I preferred this from the beginning as well. We'll see how he does over the coming weeks.Well, that's it! Off to do bath time:) I hope you all had a good weekend and a good Mother's Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment