Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Random pics...

We had a great weekend! We took walks to the river near-by to feed the ducks, we played in the rain, we went shopping for a couple of new toys, we took a trip to Bratislava, Slovakia to visit a church and our friends there, and we played a lot together as a family. Jakub did so well for the trip (3 hour car ride) and the time we spent with friends. He's still very friendly and will go to any stranger who smiles at him:)

Random notes:

He's loved rice cereal, carrots, avocado, zucchini and potatoes. He'll be trying some broccoli and green peas very soon! He's a good eater and he wants to eat quite a lot already. I try not to overfeed, but if I do he doesn't seem to mind and he just spits up a little later when playing:) I think he's just storing up as much as he can now so he can grow really tall... :)

We put up black curtains behind his others in his room to keep out the sunlight (which shines now up until 830-9 and will until 10pm before summer is over- it also comes up around 430 now and will by 3-330 before summer is over). So, it was wonderfully dark in his room all night and he woke around 5 to eat and then slept again until 830. I couldn't believe it! It was only one night so, I don't know yet if the curtains were the key, but I can dream, right? His morning was much more pleasant than when he wakes at 6 or 630. I think 830 would suit us all better! :)

He cries almost every time we leave a room now, and though it was touching at first, it's old now! It's a heart-breaking cry unlike his tired cry and it goes on for forever- until we return. I'm trying to just ignore it some and do what I need to do, and then comfort him when I return, but he's not catching on yet that we will return:) Hopefully he will soon! Anyone else having this trouble? He doesn't need us to play with him, but he needs to know we're in the room if he looks up for us. I hope it's just a phase...

Here are some random pics:





Playing with his hat on- so cute:)




Yes, we do have a very happy baby. No, he is not ALWAYS so happy. Here's your proof:)



Back to happy:)
Somehow I have the bad luck of only taking his picture when he has on a Christmas bib. I really only have 2 of those type and he really doesn't wear them that often... I don't know how this happens:)

In case you haven't heard- congratulations to my sister Hope on her engagement to Neil. We're so happy for them and we're looking forward to two wonderful weddings while we are home. Josh's brother Jedediah is also getting married while we're there, to sweet Nellie:) We can't wait! September will be here soon!

2 comments:

  1. He looks so cute in his hat! Glad he's a good eater :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jakub is such a little cutie! I can't wait to meet him in September! Also, Ava still wears her Santa pajamas! Don't feel bad; it's not like we take them out like that :)

    ReplyDelete