Saturday, July 17, 2010

Camp!

I just wanted to quickly write and tell you that we made it through the first camp of the summer and it was fantastic! We had close to 40 students come and there were about 70 of us total. It was so hard to say goodbye to the students today and it seems some of them felt the same way. We heard positive feedback from them and we're looking forward to seeing some of them at our follow-up events we'll be hosting throughout the next week. Then, next Saturday, we will leave again for our second camp. We have about the same amount of students coming so, we are super excited to do it again. We are so thankful to God for how he blessed us over the last week with eager and excited Czech teens, hard-working American campaigners, and lots of fun and spiritual activities. I look forward to writing more about it, with photos, in the future, but there is not much time for that now. I just wanted to update you on the first camp and ask for your prayers for the second one beginning in a week.

Also, please pray for Jakub as he transitions from camp, to home, to camp again. We'll also have a visitor staying with us this week. Jakub did well the first time around, though is pretty tired and a little over-stimulated after a week of lots of attention:) He's doing great through it all, though, and we couldn't be more thankful. Hopefully it will go well the second time around.

Please also pray for his check-up this week as he turns 8 months old:) I can't believe it! I'll blog more about him later, too. He's doing well, eating 3 meals a day now and loving it:), and he's crawling with arms and legs now, and forward as well as backwards, but still on his belly like an army crawl:). He rocks on the knees, but doesn't go forward on them yet.

I hope you are all well and thank you for your prayers. They mean a lot to us and they help keep us going!

No comments:

Post a Comment