Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy 8 Months!


Wow! I really feel like I just wrote the "Happy 7 Months!" blog post. This last month went by too quickly. He's also changing so much each week. I can't get it photographed and recorded quickly enough:)

So, the camp stories and photos will still come at a later time- after the next camp. This post will be just about Kubi:)

He had a great check-up on Tuesday at the doctor. He's healthy and growing well. He weighs 9.44 kilo, or around 20 lbs and 12 oz. I haven't measured his length yet, but my guess is 28 1/2 inches. He's talking and screaming all of the time. He loves peek-a-boo with a cloth on his face, and with Daddy playing along. He still says "da-da" a lot. He's drooling like crazy, but no teeth. He's eating 3 meals a day and doing well with it. He's great at eating finger type foods alone, and I love to see his independence. He definitely loves to explore and do things himself, but he still usually wants us within sight:) He can now follow me, although slowly, from one room to another, so it's helping some with the whole "cry when they leave the room" problem. He's still one of the happiest babies I've ever seen and I just love that he smiles so much. Today he charmed an elderly lady at the pharmacy by smiling at her and talking to her. I also love that he is still so great with strangers. I hope he'll continue to be this social.

He's crawling forward and backward now, and using his arms, hands, legs, and feet to do it. He's not up on his knees doing it, yet, but he does rock a lot on them and he's already pulling himself partially up on things. Yesterday he crawled to me, then pulled up against me onto his knees, then crawled over my legs trying to get to a toy. It was fun to watch:) He wants to go everywhere much quicker than he can get there so, he gets a little frustrated at times.

He still loves to read before bed and he'll follow along through about 3-4 books.

Today he was playing near me on the couch, and he came over to me and he bit my nose, then he leaned back, looked at me, and laughed really hard. Sometimes I can't believe he can have the sense of humor he has already. He knew just what he was doing and it was truly hilarious. Sometimes he'll just catch my eye and then laugh like we're sharing an inside joke. I love it. I think he and I are going to be good friends:)

Here are some pictures of Jakub from the last couple of weeks. Enjoy! And thanks for your prayers about all of the work and transitions this month. Only a couple more weeks of it and then a break before we head home to the U.S. We'll need your prayers for that transition and travel as well. :)


Jakub with Crazy and Laura, two of our helpers for the first camp.




This is how we hiked up the hillside together to watch the afternoon camp sports games. He didn't mind that it made us both really sweaty:) He loved facing outward where he could see everything and everyone.



A couple of friends of mine and Sarah K.'s came to visit us at camp. This was an important and wonderful moment for us because they are dear friends of ours and they had so much interest in us, our lives, and our work that they wanted to drive up to camp for a day just to see what it was like and to spend time with us. We were so thankful for and so thrilled at this blessing. We had a great time together and it was nice to have some more little kids around for a day. In this picture is Mikulas, one of Jakub's good friends, who is only 2 1/2 weeks older than him.




I just can't get enough of that sweet face:) One more story before I go. In the mornings when I go to get him out of bed he's started hugging my neck really tight and snuggling into it like he's so glad to see me and won't let go. I love it! It's one of the best moments of each day:)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updated pictures!!!! Can't wait until he can bite my nose!!! Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are coming home??? When will you be in Conway? I am pretty sure that Jakub and Anna Kathryn need to meet...and of course fall in love! Let me know when you guys will be at R&C and I will try to drive up one Sunday so that I can give that sweet baby a kiss!

    ReplyDelete