Monday, July 5, 2010

Lake Poděbrady



Hi again! As you can tell, I'm posting a lot right now because tomorrow our wonderful and exhausting month of camps, campaigners, visitors, and camp follow-up events begins and I'm pretty sure I won't be writing a lot for the next several weeks. Please remember our camps and the teens we'll be working with in your prayers. Our theme this year is around the idea of different voices. These voices you might hear all around you from peers, society, close friends and family, as well as your own voice, and the most important voice of all- the voice of God. Which will you follow? Which ones are loving and honest and how do you know? Can you tell truth from lies- even the ones you tell yourself? What will help you know the truth? Who can you trust and why? What is the voice of God like? and more... These are the things we'll be exploring at our camps with the kids through games, skits, stories, testimonies, videos, music, movies and small discussion groups. We hope the kids will learn a lot, as well as have a lot of fun with us and their friends through the 7 days of each camp (one for older kids and one for younger kids). We also pray the kids will want to spend time with us after camps are over as we provide another year of fun activities and devotionals for them throughout their next school year. We hope they'll see and hear God working through us! Ok, so can you tell I'm excited and ready for camp? I hope Jakub will have a good time and cooperate through it all. I think July is going to turn his "routine" world upside down:) Please pray he'll adjust well to all of the changes, to all of the people, and that he'll stay healthy through it all.

Ok, so I really got on here to say Happy 4th to you all and that I hope you had a wonderful holiday yesterday. Yesterday was also Sarah K.'s birthday so we celebrated it all after worship time together. It was nice! Josh and I also went to a lake in Olomouc with the Keens this morning to have some relaxing family time together. It was a little too cool to swim (yes, it still gets cool here when rain comes through:). Kuba enjoyed the time with the kids, being near the water, watching other people, and getting to eat some grass:) Here are our pictures...



Eating an apple with Uncle Corey...




Eating grapes with Evan...



Evan eating a pb and j sandwich after swimming in the cold water:)



The boys talking to each other:)






Jakub practicing his new moves... (Can you see the red hair? It's really coming in now. We're not sure where the red comes from... but we like it!)




We had a really nice time together and relaxing near the water. It was like the calm before the storm... :) I hope you all have a great week! Maybe I'll get another picture post in before we disappear for a while. I'm going to post a video here in a moment. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment