Sunday, February 6, 2011

Freedom!

I've been looking forward to and praying about this time for several years now and I want to thank all of you who have been praying with me and for me (and will continue to, please). I am currently not taking any medication regarding my autoimmune problem. I've been slowly weaning off of the medications for a few months and as of one month ago I completely stopped everything. To date, I'm not having any major problems or repercussions and I thank God for that! I have noticed that I feel warmer in general, and my face flushes easily, but hopefully that will be the worst of it. It's been almost 4 years with this struggle and I'm thankful for this joyous moment right now. When it all began and was at it's worst it was difficult to believe in and hope for a time like now, but I'm glad God doesn't give up on us and that we can keep asking Him for help and healing and increased faith. This is just one way I'm experiencing a sweet freedom right now.

Another way is with Jakub as he has been completely weaned from breastfeeding since January 1st. I cannot say enough how thankful I am for the child God gave me. I know I am blessed in how sweet and easy-going he has almost always been. In most ways, including breastfeeding, he has always been pretty great. As I began the weaning process last November he didn't seem to mind a bit as I cut out feedings and replaced them with formula or whole milk. He has always loved to eat regular food, as you know, so making sure he had enough calories was not much of a struggle, either. I know many Moms who battle with these issues regarding their children, and as much as I tend to worry in general, I know a child's health/growth/eating habits can weigh heavily on a Mother and that I have not had to actually worry too much. Now, it did take about a month of constant work and encouragement to help Jakub be the good-milk-drinker he is today, but he didn't make it that difficult- and he never seemed to care that I was stopping my feedings. In fact, I was nervous about the first day he wouldn't feed from me at all and I had Josh put him to bed so as to not "tempt" Jakub by being near me. Well, that sweet boy played and read books with his Daddy and went off to bed without a peep and slept well, as usual. The next morning we did breakfast together in our normal routine and he didn't even look at me as if I had abandoned him or anything! :) And he's never seemed to look back. So, I thank God for this new found freedom as well. It's been a blessing to have that relationship with Jakub, and to be able to give him the nutrition he needed for a year, but it's also been a blessing to my life and work here to have more freedom and flexibility in my schedule.

My continued desire for another freedom would be freedom from worry. Many of you know me well so I won't say much- just that I continue to worry about EVERYTHING more than I should, so please keep praying for me. Please pray that I will constantly experience the freedom God can give me from worry. It was my new year's resolution last year, and this year as well, and though I would say I do actually get a little better with this in time, it could be a lot better if I would let God have more control.

Ok, if you've maintained consciousness this long then here are a few recent photos to enjoy. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!




Josh and Jakub enjoying playing a "hot potato" type game with the teens at out activity center.






Jakub LOVES to sit on a couch with people, especially guys, and just lean back and relax. It's so funny to watch him do it- makes him seem like such a big boy! The teens really love him and that's special for us to witness.


Here's our little sportsman! He loves throwing the football with us, he's starting to run now, and he can kick the ball pretty well without falling. He's definitely active and I love that. I can't wait for some warmer weather so we can go to the local parks and playgrounds!

I hear many of you are enjoying (or not!) a lot of snow and ice. I hope you have fun, but stay safe and warm at the same time! Thanks, always, for reading and for the comments or emails you send my way. They keep me encouraged!

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for such amazing news! I'm so very, very excited for you about the medication!! This has been a long time coming, and I can't imagine what a feeling of relief you must be experiencing to have been able to come off of it completely with no major reactions. Again, praise God!

    And hot potato... That's where they throw around the baby until someone drops him, right?? That's kinda what it looks like from the picture, with Joshua rejoicing at having just caught him... ;o)

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a blessing to be able to look back and see how God has worked in our lives! I am so thankful that everything is going well for you guys right now, and I pray that it will continue. I absolutely love the football picture! Carson already loves just hanging out in his diaper too! Must be a boy thing!

    Love you all!
    Randi

    ReplyDelete