Sorry it has been a while since I've posted something here. The past few weeks have been full of activities and a little bit of sickness, so I'm behind on blogging. I haven't even been taking many good pictures to use for the blog. We've had gorgeous weather and we've been busy enjoying it as much as we can outside of work... or sometimes as part of our work-day. :) I know many of you live where these temperatures are normal, but having 80+ degree weather in April here is unusual. I hope it won't stay for long because it's too early to be this hot, but we're loving it for right now. Just about 2 weeks ago we still had some snow, so it's been quite the turn-around. I wasn't prepared for it and didn't have any shorts or sandals for Jakub to wear, yet, in such weather. He's grown so quickly lately, too. I went shopping today, though, and got him a few things. I've decided I hate shopping in tiny, fully-packed, stores with a toddler. It was not fun for either of us! :)
It's been a while since I've recorded some of my favorite moments with Jakub, as well as some of the things he is doing and saying right now. Here are some of the best things I can think of:
- He weighs 16 kilo and is 97cm tall (35 lbs and 3 feet 2 inches)
- He wears a size 26-27 shoe (euro) or maybe a 9/10 shoe from the U.S.
- He's outgrown the last of his 3T clothes and 4T underwear I bought for him or received from others while home in the U.S. over Christmas time. It didn't last as long as we thought it would! :)
- His eyes are still very blue, but have gained a little green around the very center
- He is a huge fan of Daddy and always wants to know where he is and if they can play together
- He speaks or sings or makes some noise almost constantly while he's playing or working on something
- His favorite songs are "I love you, Yankee Doodle, Row Your Boat, Jesus Loves Me, and Wheels on the Bus." He can sing the words in them as well as just hum the tunes.
- He loves to figure out how things work, put things together, build, organize, and construct while playing. We recently got him a construction set that allows him to build various things with the tools inside. He loves it and will patiently work with it alone or build with Josh. Here you can see a "man on skates" they made.
- He loves to be in "Bible class" with other kids. He refers to both our Wednesday Moms' group class and Sunday Bible class as "Bible class time." He enjoys being with other kids and is starting to communicate with them in Czech while playing. Of course, he first picked up the phrase "that's mine!", which is essential in any language when playing with others. "To je moje!" Which I've been told he says with a true Czech accent. You go, Jake.
- He also loves to roll and kick the soccer ball. He lines it up well and can kick it far, and can also continually kick it while running with it. However, Josh has been teaching him to only use his feet when playing, since other, older kids on the playground don't want him picking it up with his hands, ever. They take their "football" seriously from a young age here. :)
- He's just starting to notice clothes sometimes and care about what he's wearing. He also likes to look at his hair in the mirror. He can take off and put on his shoes, shirts, hats and jackets alone. He can get his pants down for using the bathroom alone, but can't get them back up well, yet. It's awesome to hear him say he needs to use the restroom and then watch him go in the room and use it by himself. If only he could get those pants back up alone we would be set! He even can get up to the sink and wash and dry his own hands. Such a big boy!!
- It's not all easy with this cute little guy. He's also recently learned how to throw a true fit. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does it's not pretty (when is it ever, right?). He's so strong-willed, and so naturally loud anyway, that it makes for one very big tantrum. Thankfully, it didn't take us too long to figure out how to best respond to him.
- He would rather be outside playing in the sand, playing soccer, or riding his bike than doing things inside. I love that about him and look forward to a Spring and Summer full of outdoor activities together.
- He's also doing well at trying to swim. We went with some friends, and Jakub's best friend Mikulas, to a water park last Saturday and we swam all day. When he was alone in the children's pool he would put a swim tube around his body and try to swim around alone. He did great! He even went down a very large indoor slide with Josh and loved it. He's so brave and takes most new experiences in stride with a desire to discover and learn new things. It's awesome and I love to have these adventures with him because he's so great at them and not afraid to try new things.
- He's always watching other people around us and observing their faces and moods. When he sees someone laughing he likes to laugh with them, even if he doesn't know why they are so happy. When he thinks someone is sad he says "Mommy, they're sad!" and wants to do something for them. If he knows the person he'll give them a kiss and hug without being asked. If he thinks I'm tired he'll get my pillow and ask me to lay down and rest. He can be very sweet and gentle and I'm thankful for that.
- Unless he has a bad cold, or the occasional tooth pain, he still sleeps well through the night and around 11 hours. He naps well in the day, but is starting to occasionally skip it if he's not tired enough. He still sings and talks to himself a lot before falling asleep.
- He's starting to carry on conversations with many full sentences. He likes to roll the ball back-and-forth and practice speaking sentences to each other. I need to record it soon on video- the way he says "I live in Olomouc" is hilarious. Olomouc is more like "oo-me-notes." I like it. :) Sometimes we practice too many for too long and he starts to roll the ball and say "my name is blue... my favorite color is jakub... I am a lion..."
- He doesn't always like to say the prayer himself during prayer time, but when he does want to pray it's amazing how thoughtful he can be. He'll remember people we haven't talked about in a while and the situations or sicknesses in regards to them. I'm thankful for this gift God gave him and I pray we can encourage him in it.
Ok, I think that's it for now. Thanks for enduring the long post!! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment