Monday, January 18, 2010

2 Months!

Well, I don't have any pictures to go with this post at the moment, but I'll add some more soon. I'm also hoping to add some of the videos we've been taking of Jakub. So, check back for those soon.

Jakub is 2 months old! I really can't believe it. I remember his birth and our stay in the hospital like it was yesterday. However, sometimes when I look at him playing on the floor and I see how big and strong he is already it seems like he's a lot older and has been with us longer. He's just so sweet!

Here are some things I want to remember about what he's doing right now:
- He plays well on his tummy and lifts his head, and sometimes shoulders, well up off the ground.
- On Saturday he rolled himself over two times onto his right side and back. Of course, by the third attempt we had the camera out and he wouldn't do it again:)
- For the first time last night he slept from 930 until 5am. His last feeding was 830pm. He did, of course, cry out a couple of times in the night and had to be patted, but he kept sleeping thankfully. He's really starting to do well at that and though I know we'll have ups and downs still, I'm so thankful for better sleep. I actually woke up on my own at 4am and couldn't sleep anymore. Of course, I was just getting sleepy again when he woke up to eat. I'm sure that won't be much of a problem for me after a while:) The only part I don't like is that I'm used to staying up late with Josh because that's when we finally used to have our own free time together, and now I have to scurry off to bed if I want to sleep well. That's ok though:) I know there will be better time for that again sometime in the future. Josh is really sweet to check on him and care for him if he wakes much before 2am, which really helps me to get to sleep and sleep deeply. He's a great Father!
- With minimal assistance, he's started putting himself to sleep in his crib for some naps over the past couple of days.
- He loves to be sung to when he's sleepy. His favorite with me right now is Jesus Loves Me. The Itsy Bitsy Spider isn't working anymore:) Josh sings a Czech Christmas carol to him that he seems to really like as well. It has a very fun rhythm and Josh has a deeper voice that he really likes to hear.
- He's enjoying his swing more and more and smiles a lot at the two bees that hang from the top.
- He was playing with Josh the other day and started to talk to him and was in the middle of saying "aaa" when he sneezed. It really sounded like he intended to say ah-choo and it was hilarious. I wish we had gotten that on tape.
- I like it when he tracks me across the room as I move around cleaning or cooking.
- He's really good at taking medicine and eye drops and never cries about it. I'm always expecting him to react to the eye touching and putting in of drops, but he doesn't.
- He is standing more and more on our laps and holding himself fairly steady. He's so strong!

Ok... I think that's it for now. I will post more pics and video (hopefully) soon.

By the way... it's snowing again here and I think we got another 3-4 inches over night!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! He is changing and growing up so fast!! Hard to believe I was there just 2 weeks ago and he has changed so much since then... You are probably getting to the point where you feel like he has always been there with you and can't hardly remember life without him. That's a nice feeling that will last a lifetime!
    Enjoy each stage because it sure does not last a long time (even tho sometimes those late nights do seem to be never-ending themselves...)!! Have fun and I know you are doing a great job, both of you! Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete