
So, all of that snow we've been getting began to melt for just a bit one day early this week. Then, it returned to below-freezing temps and everything re-froze. One night it began snowing hard again and the snow stuck to everything it touched, which was covered in a layer of ice or a snowy-ice mix. It was beautiful. I know these pictures are blurry, but you can see how everything turned white. I have never seen anything like it. I just had to take a few pictures. It's melted off of the trees again, but we still have about 10 inches or so of snow and ice on the ground.

Here's the path to our parking lot.

And here's what it looked like in the daytime. It was gorgeous and oh-so-cold. I did finally take Kuba out for a walk in it for more than 30 minutes or a quick jaunt to the car. I decided to join the society of Czech Mothers this week and do the whole walk-outside-the-whole-nap-time thing. We walked for about 1 1/2 hours in this stuff. He didn't seem to mind one bit once I got his head stabilized inside the carriage:) Walking him on the re-frozen sidewalks with all the frozen footprints was like going over potholes the whole time. I didn't have an extra blanket with me, and I don't have one of those head guards, so I stuffed diapers around his head inside of his pram to keep his head still. Once we got that done he went right to sleep for a nice long nap. What can I say, I'm still figuring it all out:) Next time I'll be better prepared.

Here he is at 7 weeks playing on the floor. He's so sweet with the way he looks at us and smiles and interacts with us. He's definitely begun a sort of raspy laugh at some things we do or at the load of kisses that come to his face:)

So photogenic:) You can see the Krtek book in the background- a favorite of his. It's a popular Czech character here.

One last one to leave you with. He's sporting a 3mo outfit again that you can see fits perfectly now in length. It's a little big through the middle when his belly's not so full:) Thanks Aunt Kiley for the cute outfit!! I'm afraid he's going to outgrow the changing table soon...and it's pretty long!
He's soooo cute! I love, love, LOVE his smile, and I can't wait to hear his little laugh. :) Hope you guys are staying warm and bundled up in all that snow. No fear of snow here in Abilene anytime soon - it may be up to 70 later next week... Love ya!
ReplyDeleteWow....so much snow! How fun. I haven't seen snow at all this winter season and I miss it a ton. I guess there does come a point when you have seen too much snow:) I am also amazed to see Jakub growing so fast! What a blessing to be able to keep up in each other's lives through blogging and facebook!
ReplyDelete