Thank you to all of you who wished us a Happy Easter and also sent us emails, cards, or gifts. We had a wonderful time at the retreat in Slovakia, as well as a very happy first Easter celebration with Jakub. We spent time with, celebrated with, and worshiped with many of our friends who we may only see two times a year or less. God blessed us with gorgeous weather and we took advantage of it while staying there in the Slovak mountainside. We took Jakub on walks, used our new baby carrier, and took photos and video outside together on Sunday afternoon. I'm also thankful to say that Jakub handled this first, long road-trip very well. The first two days/nights he played, ate, and slept no differently than if he were at home. He also loved being around all of the new people and seeing all of the new sights. He's very observant and loves to explore his surroundings. He also continued in his quest to turn over from back to front. He almost did it, but not quite:) He still got a little frustrated, but it was a joy to encourage him and play with him alongside friends who were cheering him on:) He also began, while there, to scratch any object he can in order to see what it feels like. It's so cool to see him exploring in this manner as well. Other children at the retreat also enjoyed playing with him or watching him. Some friends were kind enough to hold him for us while we were all eating in the dining hall... that was a treat! I think he got a little used to being held as he's wanted it a little more now that we are at home again and it's not as necessary. It was also good to bring him home and to see him become excited in his bedroom- as if he recognized he was once again home. He started talking to his favorite book case in his room and jumping on my lap. I like to think he was telling "him" all about his big adventure in Slovakia! Well, I didn't mention the third night there (the third day was great), but that's because he didn't do well at all and I believe it's because he had had enough of the retreat type diet that is typical at these events. Sometimes fruit and vegetables are hard to come by in these countries at these retreats... I did take some of my own, but that only went so far. Anyway, it was a wonderful trip and it is also wonderful to be home again. I hope to have the pictures and video ready to post this week. For now, I'll leave you with a few that we took right before leaving for Slovakia. Thanks again for your comments and prayers, we had a great and safe trip. I hope you also had a blessed Easter holiday!!!

Here he is cooking with his Mommy:) We made meatloaf together. He was pretty content to watch the procedure as I explained each step to him. He'll make some woman very happy one day:) (Don't worry, those knives aren't really in-reach as much as they appear they are!)

Here he is playing in his bouncy seat. He's also now wearing the overalls that Papa gave him. Thanks Papa! They are really cute on him.

This photo is a little blurry, but was so sweet to capture. He's snuggling with his elephant and listening to his Daddy read him a book before nap time. I think and hope he'll enjoy reading because he enjoys it so much right now. Unless he's really ready to get into his bed he listens through entire books, many times more than once before going to sleep.

This is a really great photo of Josh and Jakub playing together on the couch. We have to admit the moment is not quite as it appears in the photo. It looks as if they are snuggling nose-to-nose...but, they are not. Jakub is looking at some drool or something on Josh's shirt, while Josh is watching him. I don't care, though, the moment was wonderful anyway and now it also looks like they were snuggling together:)

I just have to include this one for my own sake. I can't get enough of that open-mouthed laugh/giggle. He expresses himself with his whole face! It just makes us melt every time. He raises his eyebrows with interest and smiles with his whole face and eyes. It's just awesome!

This is a sweet one of him looking at Josh, who was talking to him about something important I'm sure. :) You can tell he was biting on his lip. He's doing that now, too. I think there must be a tooth somewhere in that mouth dying to get out soon.

Just a cute one of him playing. That's all. :)
He is just SO precious!! Love the cooking picture!
ReplyDelete