Saturday, January 9, 2010

Spending time with Daddy

Just thought I would start off with a couple of pictures of the snow we got this week. It snowed at least a little every day this week. On Friday it snowed the most and by the end of this week I think we had a total of about 10 inches of snow. It's beautiful! It's the most snow we have had at one time since moving here and is more typical of what a winter here should be like. I hope it keeps this up for a while. It doesn't make for good walking weather with Jakub, though.



I took several pictures of Josh and Jakub talking and playing together the other night. They were so sweet together! Jakub really smiles at us all the time now and every once in a while he seems to giggle (it's really more raspy) at us. He's starting to coo more, also. It's really enjoyable to see and hear. He's about 7 weeks in these photos. His eyes look dark in the photos still, but they are starting to lighten up in the center of his eyes and it looks like he might have blue eyes like his Daddy. I guess we'll see over the next several months.

I love how he opens his mouth so wide to smile and talk to us. It's wonderful also that when we walk away he tracks us and watches as we move around the room or walk away. Sometimes he even seems to turn his head towards us at the sound of our voices. He seems to be learning some things so quickly. He is definitely a watchful and observant child.

This one is blurry, but still sweet and shows how he was talking with Josh. He also holds his own head up really well. He feels so strong in the way that he moves, sits, and kicks. He's also still doing well with tummy time, but only for about 5-10 minutes at a time. He fights sleep a little more now and will often cry right before dropping off into sleep. Otherwise, he's a pretty content little baby. We're often making it about 4 hours between feedings in the night now. We're at 3 hours during the day time. I'll be really glad when he sleeps several hours during the night because I'm not good at waking up often in the night- I really like to sleep myself and don't find this whole waking up thing to be very fun:) Who does, right?


Though you can't really see the right ear well in this photo I think it's interesting to point out that he has 2 slightly different ears. His right ear is more like Josh's and is closer to his head and a little firmer. His ear on his left, which you can see in the above photo, is more flexible like mine and also sticks out more like mine... poor kid:) It's not really a noticable difference to anyone else, but I can see it:) He has really pretty lips, by the way, and I like that! He also had big eyes and long eye lashes. We're not quit sure where the big dimple in the chin came from, but it's cute, too. He's now losing most of his beautiful red-blond hair, but I can see white-blond hair growing in behind it. I think he's gorgeous in blue and I find myself dressing him in that the most:) He looks pretty great in green, too.

What else do I want to remember for now... he holds his own weight on his legs when standing up, his kicks are so strong they can hurt, he loves to be sung to (especially by Josh), he likes to snuggle in your neck, he hiccups at least 2 times a day, he does well at sleeping in his own bed, he is very social already and always puts on a good show when we have company, his favorite toy is still the Christmas tree in our living room that I haven't had time to take down:), his other best-friend are the blinds in our living room, he never minds having his diaper changed and he doesn't mind when it's dirty, either, and he really likes bath time. He likes to have a passy to fall asleep with, but thankfully shows no signs of dependency on it otherwise and he doesn't care when it falls out during sleep. I'll leave you with one sweet photo of him sleeping. It's amazing he looks this peaceful after the amount of crying it takes to get here sometimes:) It's getting better already, though.

Our precious little Kuba (also known as Kubicek, Kubicku, Kubo, and Kubika by Czechs when they talk to him:) ...

2 comments:

  1. I miss him (and you guys of course!) too much already!!! We're going to have to figure out a time to talk on Skype. I'm free at various hours on various days, though, if you don't want to wait until the middle of the night on Sunday nights. Love the new blog background! Where do you get all those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we love and miss you, too! Yes, we'll plan to talk soon on skype. Our hours are random right now, of course:) I'll try to remember to turn it on more and look for you online. My backgrounds come from thecutestblogontheblock.com There is a link at the top left of my page if you want to check it out. They have some great ones. Love you! - Sarah

    ReplyDelete