Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Tree Time!





I think Jakub is so, so cute here! :) We have begun doing some "Christmasy" things around the house now that it's December and it's been enjoyable to experience them with Jakub.  He's at the perfect age for making every experience count and be full of joy and love and adventure.   






Since he's been home a lot this week, due to the ear infection and antibiotics, we've begun working on some home-made Christmas cards. :)  He LOVED that I actually painted his hands green for this project.  I guess normally I keep him a little too clean when we paint together. :) 





We invited some of our teen friends over this week to help us decorate for Christmas - American style.  They thought it was a lot of fun and of course they are like our family here so they helped us make some very special memories together this season.  One of their favorite things is hot-chocolate, so I made it homemade for them and it was very good, I must say.  








Putting together the tree and listening to Christmas carols together.





Verča was stuck behind the tree doing the lights and arranging the branches for me. :)






Watching and helping Jakub put on the ornaments this year was one of the highlights for me. 







Of course there was a lot of play time as well. Miša is great with him and he loves to wrestle with her.








Christmas Tree Project complete!







The tree...


And outside that day, while we were listening to carols, drinking hot chocolate, and decorating for Christmas, it was doing this...  It couldn't have worked out better to make for a beautiful afternoon spent together with family and friends.  We continue to experience God's blessings and beauty and creation all around us.  I am very thankful! 

And last night, as I mentioned in the previous blog post, we experienced the Saint Nicholas holiday with these same girls as they helped me with my Moms' and Kids' program (as they always do and have for 2-3 years now) and then on the square together for the fireworks show and concert.  They are such lovely young ladies that I'm so thankful to have in my life.  Please pray for God's presence, blessings, and guidance in their lives as well as they are constantly learning and exploring about Him.

Happy December to you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment