I love this ceramic fish he made us! It's a classic Christmas symbol here in the Czech Republic because their traditional Christmas dinner includes a carp-fish soup and some form (fried, baked, grilled...) of Carp for the main meal, which is served with potato salad and other things. When the Christmas markets open here and it gets close to Christmas time you can find in the square and near large shopping centers large tubs set up with live Carp in them. You can then buy one and take it home live or ask them to kill it for you before you leave. I hear, though none of my friends do it, that it's tradition to take it home live for the children to see and then put it in a tub or a bathtub for a while for the children to watch before cooking it up for dinner. :) We do not participate in this Christmas tradition- mostly because I don't usually like to eat fish and this one is particularly fishy and very boney. I like to stay close to our tradition of ham and turkey. :)
I hope you have all had a blessed and merry Christmas and that you will continue to enjoy some holiday time with friends and family! We have been very blessed with many visits from our Czech friends and a lot of family time at home. :)






First thing I saw in the pictures was the fact that he had let them push his sleeves up and they stayed up! Just the first of things that he will do for others that he won't do for us!!!! Thanks so much for the pictures!
ReplyDeleteLove you!!! MOM