Tuesday Jakub had his first school Christmas party and Christmas play. I was so excited all day while waiting to go and watch him interact with his teachers and classmates. I was so thankful he was well in time to attend this very special school-day and program. He continues to do well at school and with adjusting to it and the language, but you'll have to remember when you watch the videos that he only attended school for 6 days total, and not in a row (due to major ear infection), before this performance. He very obviously looks lost and embarrassed a lot of the time. :) But he stood there through it all and at times seemed excited and happy as well. :) I'm thankful for that, too! I am completely biased and totally in love with this kid when I say he was the MOST beautiful angel there! Sorry, I just have to say it. Josh thought so, too. :)
I was a little nervous when 2 kids immediately lost it and starting crying upon seeing there parents in the crowd. Thankfully, Jake has his go-to for comfort of nose picking... shwew... glad he stayed calm and collected. ;)
This is an example of what several of the kids in the class did
throughout the program. They would come forward, bow, and then recite
some song or poem. They did so well for 3-4 year-olds. I was so proud
of all of them and look forward to Jakub doing something like this next
year. Jakub is the newest addition to the class since he just turned 3,
but he sure looks bigger than most of them. The lady in white,
singing, is his teacher. I thought she had a beautiful voice and she
has been a very kind and patient teacher. We are thankful for her!
A short, cute little poem and a very sweet, embarrassed smile from Jake at the end. :)
These next 2 are my favorites because I loved the song, I loved that Jakub participated better, and I loved that the Mothers were invited to dance with them at the end. Of course, with Jakub being embarrassed and especially when I showed him some affection in the last video, he acted out like a little stinker. Oh well. He was still a beautiful little angel by costume. :) I'll have more pictures another time, but after this last dance we were invited to stay for tea, snacks, and several Christmas crafts to make with the kids. It was a great program!
More pictures to come soon! And hopefully more video since we'll be taking Jakub ice-skating for his first time after school today. We're meeting several of our teen friends on the square to skate outside for a while under the Christmas lights. :) I'm so excited for him and sad I can't do it with him this year, but I know he'll have so much fun with Josh and the others there.
No comments:
Post a Comment