Monday, February 22, 2010

The Bumbo Chair

Since Jakub has been holding his head up well and enjoying tummy-time so well I decided to see if he's strong enough for the Bumbo chair. Well, he is! He holds his head very steady and looks around well at his toys or books, but he still leans forward some and won't sit with his back straight. I have to admit that it's a little hard for him to do so with his big belly:) He's so cute in it and loves to sit and look at us and jabber away. He also likes to sit in front of the mirror in our bedroom and stare at himself.

In one of the floor-time pictures below you can see that he has his mouth open. He was talking to me and wouldn't stop long enough to smile for the picture:) Last night, during his usual coo-fest at bedtime he discovered he can make a high-pitched semi-scream noise and he thought that was really funny. He's pretty loud and it's so enjoyable to "talk" with him now. Josh told me that the other night he was sitting beside Jakub's bed, while he was laying in it, and he was singing to him. Well, Jakub decided to join in and cooed along with Josh for a while:) I'm sorry I missed it! We'll have to try and get some video of something like that soon.

Two short, but exciting, announcements on the sleep front- Friday night Jakub slept from 8pm until 6am. I did feed him in his sleep at 10pm, but other than that he was asleep in his bed. It was WONDERFUL. Last night something similar happened. He slept from 730 until 4am (except for the 1030pm feeding in his sleep) when he needed a pacifier and his arms re-swaddled, and then he slept until 5 before needing to eat. That was a pretty great night, also. The other announcement is that he had some pretty good naps today. His first was one hour, the second was two hours with a short time of being held and comforted around the one hour mark, and the third was 40 minutes. I'll take it! These things may not happen every day, or even every week, but they are so great when they do! We've also had sunshine on two of the last 4 days. So much to be thankful for. I don't think we've seen the sun two times in over a month recently. The snow is even beginning to melt! Spring is on the way soon... I hope:) I also hope you all have a good week.








No comments:

Post a Comment