











Jakub is so strong already and really has been since he was born. He's been holding his head up pretty well since he was about 2 weeks old and gets better and better at it. He also has been standing on his own legs since about 4 weeks. He's rolled over twice, though that was a couple of weeks ago and maybe a fluke:) He has always enjoyed tummy time and raises up well now on his arms. He kicks like crazy and always has. I remember when he used to kick against my incision so hard it would bring tears to my eyes. I soon learned not to put him on my lap with his legs towards me, until I healed of course! I love his strong grip when he holds my hand or finger or shirt while he's eating. With all of these wonderful strengths comes also his strong voice and cry. When he's frustrated while playing or eating he has recently started letting out one loud grunt. He looks right at me and does this and it almost sounds like a bark. It's so funny, but it gets the point across without crying about it and I appreciate that. He also has started talking a little louder and more often and it's music to my ears. Of course, his biggest vocal strength right now is his crying before sleep. He cried so hard tonight, despite my best efforts at helping him, that I was sure the neighbors were going to check on us and make sure I wasn't pinching him:) It's 8:24 now and other than about 30 minutes he's been awake since 4. Most of the time he was pleasant, playing, or talking. After his usual night routine, though, he just couldn't settle into sleep and so he's been crying off and on since 6pm. Josh is with him now. He's such a great father and so good with Jakub. I'm very blessed to have such a partner in this. We had such a wonderful day today with Jakub, other than this bit of crying, and I'm so thankful. He really is the sweetest child and so content most of the time. I took some pictures of his tummy time today. We had fun playing together. I also took a special picture for Grandma Babi and Papa:) Enjoy! (and thanks for letting me ramble on about the sleep and crying again- it helps to let it out:)
What wonderful pictures! I love the first two especially! His expression in the first pic is just hysterical! Harper loved seeing Josh playing with Jakub. She was really excited about that for some reason! Hang in there with the crying. Harper used to do the same thing. Now she is a very good child in the whole scheme of things! Dads are very good with crying babies so it is good that he is giving you a break and even better that you are letting yourself take the break. Thanks for all the great pictures over the last couple of days. And I love the new blog background.
ReplyDeleteI can't stand it!!!! I've got to have pictures, because if I don't, I miss him too much! But it's hard to look at pictures, because if I do, I miss him too much!
ReplyDeleteI'll admit, though. I'm an addict. I can't not look. :)